The Student Room Group

Got the flu and exam on Friday!

Came down with a really bad bout of the flu today and I have my Higher English exam on Friday coming.

If I produce a valid medical certificate, is there any way I can resit the exam at a later date, or do the SQA not have such a policy?

If not, will the university I have applied for (Dundee) take this into consideration? I am only sitting two highers and need a B in both. My flu will be gone by the time I sit the second exam (of which I'm very confident of an A). Will the university take any of this into account? I'm really scared. Thanks for anyone who can help.:smile:
Reply 1
At our school you have to hand in a valid medical certificate within three days after the exam. Not sure if that is SQA policy but if thats what our school has to follow I would imagine it is the same for all schools. I would contact your school tomorrow and let them know and tey will tell you what to do.
Reply 2
what is your prelim grade though?? because you will probably just be appealed for with the predicted grade. if you havent got your B in the prelim or very sting folio work, i would try to grit your teeth and bear the exam.

phone your school anyway and speak to them.
Reply 3
Definitely get in touch with your school.
Normally, I think if someone misses the exam because of illness with doctor's cert., they get their prelim grade. I would def check that out though (it has been three/four years since I did my highers!)
I was ill on the day of my Higher Physics and they were very helpful about it (I did sit it in the end (got a band 1 A actually :redface:) but they had everything ready in case of appeal and the invigilators all knew in case I got worse or anything.
Reply 4
Last night I had a piece of wood stuck in my writing hand and English is tomorrow.

Latest

Trending

Trending