The Student Room Group

Has anyone heard back from Kingston University after interviews yet?

I went for an interview on 13th January for Graphic Design at Kingston and they told me I would hear back in UP TO 2 weeks, but it's been almost 3 and I still haven't heard back from them and am wondering what is going on!

Anyone heard from them after interviews this year??!
Original post by Stecher
I went for an interview on 13th January for Graphic Design at Kingston and they told me I would hear back in UP TO 2 weeks, but it's been almost 3 and I still haven't heard back from them and am wondering what is going on!

Anyone heard from them after interviews this year??!

I got an offer for Graphic design at Kingston the 28th January, so I guess you'll hear back soon enough.
Reply 2
Original post by suhwaki
I got an offer for Graphic design at Kingston the 28th January, so I guess you'll hear back soon enough.

Congrats! Did you get a conditional or unconditional? And did you do/ doing an art foundation course?
Original post by Stecher
Congrats! Did you get a conditional or unconditional? And did you do/ doing an art foundation course?

Conditional.
I'm an international student, so I haven"t done a foundation year. I was told by one of the teachers at graphdes, during an interview, that a foundation year would be of little to no use to me, because I already studied media and communication in upper secondary (for three years).
Reply 4
Original post by suhwaki
Conditional.
I'm an international student, so I haven"t done a foundation year. I was told by one of the teachers at graphdes, during an interview, that a foundation year would be of little to no use to me, because I already studied media and communication in upper secondary (for three years).

Oh okay. What did you study in Media and Communication? At my group interview, the tutors told us all that the prefer for everyone to have studied art foundation. I'm still waiting on my offer so fingers crossed!
Original post by Stecher
Oh okay. What did you study in Media and Communication? At my group interview, the tutors told us all that the prefer for everyone to have studied art foundation. I'm still waiting on my offer so fingers crossed!

Everything from markup language to flash animation to art photography to journalism.
I already held the conditional offer before applying, though, so I knew I wouldn't need to go through the whole application process.
Reply 6
Original post by suhwaki
Everything from markup language to flash animation to art photography to journalism.
I already held the conditional offer before applying, though, so I knew I wouldn't need to go through the whole application process.

Oh wow! How come?
Original post by Stecher
Oh wow! How come?

The organisation which helped me apply arranges biannual conventions where you can meet tutors and representants from more than 20 UK universities and ed. institutions - all the tutors/lecturers always represents universities which have some kind of creative studies. They're there to do interviews and give portfolio advice, as well as scout for students. I went to one of those conventions and did interviews with six different university representants, and was offered a place by three of them. Among them Kingston uni.
Reply 8
Original post by suhwaki
The organisation which helped me apply arranges biannual conventions where you can meet tutors and representants from more than 20 UK universities and ed. institutions - all the tutors/lecturers always represents universities which have some kind of creative studies. They're there to do interviews and give portfolio advice, as well as scout for students. I went to one of those conventions and did interviews with six different university representants, and was offered a place by three of them. Among them Kingston uni.

Wow that sounds cool! So what are the conditions of your offer? Are they grades or something else? :smile:
Original post by Stecher
Wow that sounds cool! So what are the conditions of your offer? Are they grades or something else? :smile:

For Kingston I just have to send them tmy diploma before the end of June.

Quick Reply

Latest