The Student Room Group

Msc in actuarial science

Hello, i would like to get advice on how is msc in actuarial science at heriot watt, estimated life expenditure, accomodations for postgraduate at the uni and how much is enough for a normal student per week and any other advice ...thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hi :smile:

I'm afraid i won't be able to answer of these but the following links should help a lot. :smile:

information per location - http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/international/study-in-the-uk/your-country.htm

Financial Support - http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/scholarships/financial-support.htm

Postgraduate Accomodation - http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/campus-life/edinburgh/postgraduate-accommodation.htm
Reply 2
Thanks a lot
Original post by artire
Hello, i would like to get advice on how is msc in actuarial science at heriot watt, estimated life expenditure, accomodations for postgraduate at the uni and how much is enough for a normal student per week and any other advice ...thanks :smile:

Hi artire,

Great to hear that you're considering our MSc in Actuarial Science :thumbsup:

We have a variety of accommodation options on campus for our postgrad students. As JInch88 pointed out, you can see the options on our website. You can also have a look around the different halls with our virtual tours. We're currently building some brand new student halls which will open in September 2016. These have the option of postgraduate studio flats.

We have a useful guide on 'How much money will I need to survive?' on our Financial Matters webpage which will give you an idea of costs for living on and off campus.

I hope this helps!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Carole :h:
Reply 4
Thanks alot Heriot watt
Reply 5
Hi, I am considering of applying to Heriot-Watt for Msc Actuarial Science (1Year, Full Time course). Can anyone help me to know about the following things:

1) Placement support for Msc Actuarial Science (I mean Is there any placement cell or anything like that?)

2) Placement record for the same course, I mean do students get a job offer after the course

3) Is there any On-Campus Placement

4) I haven't appeared for Ielts as yet, and last date for applying for the scholarship is 31st May 2017, so I wan't to ask is it necessary for us to fill IELTS score at the time of applying for the course or Scholarship?

5) If any the of present or past student from India, doing/did Msc Actuarial science from Heriot -Watt is there,I want to talk to them and give me a more insights of the study & other things, Please share how can I contact you.

Thanking you
Reply 6
Ahem.. Ahemm Anyone..? Who could guide
Reply 7
Hi could you please let me know if you went to heriot watt and what would you suggest. I have an offer from Southampton, and Kent also
Original post by LC2201
Hi could you please let me know if you went to heriot watt and what would you suggest. I have an offer from Southampton, and Kent also

Hi I currently study at Heriot-Watt and I love it! It's a lovely uni just on the outskirts of the main city. What are you looking to study?

Matthew
Reply 9
Hi Mathew I look forward to pursue MSc in actuarial science. Just wanted to know more about the placement support and record. Also wanted to know more on accommodations.Leah
Original post by LC2201
Hi Mathew I look forward to pursue MSc in actuarial science. Just wanted to know more about the placement support and record. Also wanted to know more on accommodations.Leah

I personally have studied the bsc in Actuarial Science and I have had a great experience so far. The professors for the masters tend to be the same as you are studying for the same professional exams but as a postgraduate. Heriot-Watt are very good with helping to get placements as they have great connections as a well regarded school for Actuarial Science. Just make sure to contact the careers people. In terms of accommodation if this is your first year at the uni they will help with getting you accommodation usually on campus however if unavailable they will get you some off campus. This is guaranteed to all freshers undergraduate and postgraduate.

Matthew
Reply 11
Original post by Heriot-Watt University - Student Rep
I personally have studied the bsc in Actuarial Science and I have had a great experience so far. The professors for the masters tend to be the same as you are studying for the same professional exams but as a postgraduate. Heriot-Watt are very good with helping to get placements as they have great connections as a well regarded school for Actuarial Science. Just make sure to contact the careers people. In terms of accommodation if this is your first year at the uni they will help with getting you accommodation usually on campus however if unavailable they will get you some off campus. This is guaranteed to all freshers undergraduate and postgraduate.

Matthew

Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending