The Student Room Group

My boyfriend of over a year hasn't kissed me yet?

I want my boyfriend to kiss me but I have no idea why he hasn't, it's getting quite annoying. Idk maybe it's because of the fact I wear the hijab? We just talk whenever we see each other, nothing intimate ever happens.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Maybe talk to him and see how he feels? Or drop hints like casually bringing the topic into jokes because might be waiting for you to give him a hint
Maybe you could try initiating it? If he rejects your efforts, you could straight up ask him. Communication is important in a relationship, so if there's a problem he needs to talk to you about it really
a whole year? damn you're patient
Ask him.
Patience of a saint
Wait, if you're Muslim, then aren't you not allowed to date? :tongue:
But yeah, you're patient af
Original post by Anonymous
I want my boyfriend to kiss me but I have no idea why he hasn't, it's getting quite annoying. Idk maybe it's because of the fact I wear the hijab? We just talk whenever we see each other, nothing intimate ever happens.

Is your boyfriend a Muslim as well?
Reply 8
Maybe he's waiting for you to make the move because he's worried about offending you and your religion? Bring it up one day like 'so how do you feel about kissing' or make a flirty joke about it, if you've been going out for a year I imagine it shouldn't feel too difficult suggesting something like that?

But seriously I admire your patience, I probably wouldn't wait more than a month or two before suggesting or initiating something!
Reply 9
Original post by WBZ144
Is your boyfriend a Muslim as well?

Yes he is.
Original post by liquity
Maybe he's waiting for you to make the move because he's worried about offending you and your religion? Bring it up one day like 'so how do you feel about kissing' or make a flirty joke about it, if you've been going out for a year I imagine it shouldn't feel too difficult suggesting something like that?

But seriously I admire your patience, I probably wouldn't wait more than a month or two before suggesting or initiating something!

I have been doing that but he never takes the hint, we are both the same religion.
Reply 11
maybe hes trying to respect you bc you wear the hijab? If youve been with him for a year you should be able to talk to him about it
Reply 12
Original post by Mayhem™
a whole year? damn you're patient
You stole these words from my mouth bruh. She's damm patient
erm

how are you bf/gf if you haven't even kissed after a year? :rofl:
Reply 14
Maybe he doesn't want to offend his own religion.
He's waiting until you get married
That's crazy, how old are you two if you don't mind me asking? If you want to kiss him then kiss him no matter your religion.
over a year? are you sure he's your boyfriend? a couple of weeks, yeah, I'd get that? but over a year? the is definitely a problem on his end with something.
Jump him when he's unsuspecting.

But srs, why don't you take the initiative instead of expecting him to?
Reply 19
Original post by mkap
maybe hes trying to respect you bc you wear the hijab? If youve been with him for a year you should be able to talk to him about it

so kissing someone is disrespectful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending