The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yh! lol really worried. What does your dad do at imperial? Yh Dr Stapanek interviewd me.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Masti
Yh! lol really worried. What does your dad do at imperial? Yh Dr Stapanek interviewd me.

He's a professor in physical chemistry, director of postgrad studies and teaches the 1st yr properties of matter course and 4th yr product characterisation elective module and research project.

if you're that worried, why not contact the admissions tutor, Omar, now..before results day?
Reply 22
kazaa
He's a professor in physical chemistry, director of postgrad studies and teaches the 1st yr properties of matter course and 4th yr product characterisation elective module and research project.

if you're that worried, why not contact the admissions tutor, Omar, now..before results day?

Wouldnt it be better to wait until you actually get the results.
Reply 23
Thats what i would have thought. If i contacted him now wt would i say? But your dad seeems in a pretty strong position to say that imperial doesn't let anyone in who miss their offer. Mayb thats just for his course tho?

I'ma prepare a pitch for if i get AABa overall, hopefully try and convince them.

Does anyone know if i get in with AABa can i not accept the B, re do a module in Jan to get AAA while at imperial?

Thanks
Reply 24
My dad's course is chemical engineering! (properties of matter is just a first yr chem eng core module) He does say that, but I know a couple of people who have gotten into imperial for chem eng, with missed offers. Both got in with BBB three years ago, when the offer was ABB. So they missed a grade! However, this was three years ago, so not too sure.

I think that sometimes it does help to speak to them before you get the results, but it depends on the person. I don't know the admissions tutor for chem eng that well, but he seems nicer than some of the other admissions tutors at Imperial! :smile:

I think you should be fine, because a number of people got AAB offers for chem eng this year. My dad interviewed a guy and gave him an AAA offer, but the guy asked for an AAB offer (!). My dad basically said no, but my dad told ME that he'd let him in with AAB, if the B isn't in physics or maths...based on interview performance.
Reply 25
Hey Anna - what do you rekon the best thing to say to Dr. Matar would be if I was to speak to him before hand?

Just say how much I want to come to Imperial and how much I want to do the course etc? Seems like a dumbass question but I'd rather not get it wrong :p:

Cheers
Reply 26
Ahh, you used my real name!! :p:

Ah, he's called Dr. Matar..now I remember! I could only remember his first name. Well, I'd recommend seeing him in person, if you're that serious about it..and just trying to think of some unique things you like about the course.
I'm personally seeing the biochem admissions tutor tomorrow..
Reply 27
My interview was with the EEE admission tutor, do you think that could help? After results i could say like how long i have been studying electronics (since year 10) etc. and how much i like it blah blah.
Reply 28
The$W£D£
My interview was with the EEE admission tutor, do you think that could help? After results i could say like how long i have been studying electronics (since year 10) etc. and how much i like it blah blah.

It should, yes. It seems as though quite a few of us are worried!
Reply 29
If somone sat their Alevels two years ago when the standard offer was ABB I believe, and achieved AAB or ABB, would Imperial reject them as their standard offer now is AAA or would they take into consideration that they did their A levels 2 years ago?
Reply 30
kazaa

Your dad is Kazarian?
Reply 31
polo_mf
im doin chem eng this year, ill tel ya know its pretty tough, esp if u v lazy like myself.

aslong as ure get ure work done ure sorted, o and if uve done further maths, the whole maths course for first year will be a piece of p*ss!

does anyone know anything about foundation years, not because i cant get the grades, but i dont do chemistry. im predicted ABB in maths eco and politics.
Reply 32
lol You guys havent even taken the exam yet and you're worrying abt missing your offers!!
Reply 33
In terms of a levels is chemistry more important or physics? lets say i get an a in chemistry and a b in physics, but very nearly an a...
Reply 34
anyone?
Reply 35
What course do u want to study? if its chemEng or engineering...both are very important
Reply 36
chemeng, i was hoping chemistry would be more important in this than physics... i heard theres very little physics in chemeng?
Reply 37
no wayyyy!! it's MAINLY maths and physics ....atleast from what i've seen so far
Reply 38
but that doesnt mean chemistry isnt important lol
Reply 39
i applied for chemistry at imperial and have an interview in february but i wish i had applied for chemical engineering instead!

can you change course once your at imperial or would i be best giving them a phonecall and saying i wish i had applied for chemical eng?

Latest

Trending

Trending