The Student Room Group

WHICH ONE IS EASIER:Geography OR History

Scroll to see replies

I've taken and liked both subjects
Geography is far easier if you just learn the case studies.
History you have to learn and perfect your essay skills.

If you can't take both I'd take geography
Reply 21
Original post by my_name_
I do both history and geography and I personally find history more difficult as there is a lot of content. Also there is a lot of writing and if u don't like English then never pick history.

Geography is quite easy and interesting but then again a lot of case studies to remember. The coursework for history is basically source analysis but it is quite difficult compared with geography coursework.

Hello, very good advice but I just wanted to point out that OP can/should still take history even if they don't like English :smile: My projected grade for English was a 7 (A) but I dislike it so much that I didn't do any practice for it and just wanted to get a 4 (low C) to get it over and done with. At the same time, history is one of my favourite subjects and my projected grade is an A*. So even though I really struggled with English and hated it, I loved history and found it really easy (with revision of course). Good luck deciding OP!
History is harder. I chose history and is my biggest regret lmao.
Recently due to the changes in the specification, Geography and History have become almost the same but Geography has the upper hand because there are less case studies to remember and most of the stuff that has to be learnt is content. History on the other hand has loads of content and you need to write concisely with accuracy to get the marks.

Choose the subject you enjoy the most because that is the most important thing. Also, make sure you know the teachers who teach the subject. You will be surprised how much of a difference having a well qualified teacher makes on your learning.
Personally I remember wanting to do history as a GCSE, but since our teacher retired and we got a new teacher, he really put me off history. So I picked Geography, at first I hated it but I then I guess I loved it, because I understood things when I revised. Personally I guess it depends on which one you like, I always knew me and geography had a love and hate relationship, but in my opinion Geography.
Reply 25
Geography is just colouring in
Riverbeds or Hitler pick your poison
Reply 27
I found History easier and far more interesting.
edit: If you meant at A-level, which in hindsight makes more sense, well, I dunno. I only did History AS. There was a lot to remember, other than that pretty doable.
(edited 6 years ago)
depends on the person. whatever u like you'll find easier. also whichever subject u can get help easily if u need it. like from a parent friend or teacher. also depending how enthusiastic and good u find the teachers.
it also depends on what u like better in exams; long essays (history) or shorter questions but more of them (geography)?...
good luck though. remember it's down to each person's preferences and not what ur friends r doing. have a look at the syllabus for more info. that'll tell u what you'll learn and how you examined.
but which subject is the easiest between those two???
I do gcse history and it’s pretty difficult as you have to write loads and more knowledge, therefore geography is easier as there is way less writing
thanks this helps
History is a story. Geography is boring
Reply 33
History is much harder then geography
I would say history is harder as its a subject that has vast amount of content to learn and you have to apply it to any situation the exam throws at you (bit like english) but its more interesting in my opinion
Geography is easy as its more factual essay based subject than history and i find it more boring
Geography was hard for me BECAUSE it was sooo boring . I enjoyed it before GCSE so don’t be fooled lol.
geography is easier. in history you have to do alot of extended writing. in geography you eill still have to write some fairly long answers, but theurr nothing compared to the ones you get in history. plus goegraphy id much more interessting!
Original post by dx31
Geography is probably easier but History is WAAAAAAY more interesting

Geography is so much more easier and History looks a bit boring ngl. It’s fun learning about other countries
it depends how good you are at essays, and with that how good you are with exam technique. for example, the essay layout for history is completely different to english, and sometimes i get confused which one to use. although geography has shorter answers, there is a lot more case studies and specifics to remember. i take both and hated history all year as i thought i was failing, however i got a high grade and now i have more confidence, i love it as it's way more interesting
i am very interested in history ,but i know that geography is more easier.And i am a chinese student ,i dont know whether i can remember such more vocab in the history book,so i hesitated a long period

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending