The Student Room Group

WHICH ONE IS EASIER:Geography OR History

Scroll to see replies

(Original post by ZHANlixuan520)i am very interested in history ,but i know that geography is more easier.And i am a chinese student ,i dont know whether i can remember such more vocab in the history book,so i hesitated a long period

I agree history requires you to recall lots key knowledge but apply what you know by analysing sources whilst geography is easier as it requires less information and thinking
P.S History made make a 16 marker on the most minute details within the text book
Original post by tamil fever
Hi.I would like to know which one is easier.Geography or History.
Which one involves more work?

1)I enjoy both of them
2)I get the same results in both subjects

Help?

are you tamil?

I did geography, becuase there are virtually no essays, but more data analysing. Easier and more fun for me.
Original post by Kangaroo17
are you tamil?

I did geography, becuase there are virtually no essays, but more data analysing. Easier and more fun for me.

lol more than a year late.I'm in alvls now so yeah.....
Yes I am tamil.
lol more than a year late.I'm in alvls now so yeah.....
Yes I am tamil.

OMG did not see that lol! :eek3:
And so am i!
Original post by Kangaroo17
OMG did not see that lol! :eek3:
And so am i!

its ok lol
wait ur doing alvls?
Reply 45
I was wondering if igcse geography is easier than igcse history or the other way round as I am thinking of taking geography.I am looking into taking easy subject for gcses that dosent require much and you can leave it at the end and not stress about it or have to worry about not getting a good grade,Its not a matter of what interests me or if your good at writing or this and that, basically whats easier to score in and not worry about just like religious studies since apparently the majority got good grades with no effort.
I do edexcel gcse history and I’m in year nine and I got a grade eight in my mock and the lowest in the year was a three ,, as long as you’re taught the content and have the resources you’ll be fine. I found history more interesting than geography hence why I chose it x
Reply 47
writing is harder the colouring-in.

1)I enjoy both of them

Help?

EDIT TWO YRS LATER:This thread is 2 years old.And if wondering I did History and now I'm doing alvls

Was history worth it?
Original post by Mrs_turtlexo
Was history worth it?

Definitely lmao. It depends what you would be more interested in
Definitely lmao. It depends what you would be more interested in

What were your history grades for gcse?
Original post by Mrs_turtlexo
What were your history grades for gcse?

Oops sorry for the late reply. Hope uve decided already. Got a 7 tho. A lot of writing
Original post by frogsarecool
I took history and I liked it, I got an A* in the end. The coursework was basically the same thing over and over again (I found it very difficult though) but the exams themselves were fine.
I think you should pick geography if you are more interested in science subjects and/or want to do something with science in the future. I think that geography also helps as extra revision at science GCSE because many of the things you learn about in the geography syllabus cross-over into the science syllabus!
But, if you are more interested in the humanities, English lang/lit, you should go for history. History also helps if you wish to go down the psychology, law etc route as you do a LOT of essay writing!! My hand felt like it was going to fall off in the history exams!!
Ultimately, it is your choice and I wish you luck for the future!

Why don't you do both
Reply 53

1)I enjoy both of them

Help?

EDIT TWO YRS LATER:This thread is 2 years old.And if wondering I did History and now I'm doing alvls

according to me geo is much more easier
Reply 54
geography simple as it's less documented compared to history
In my opinion I believe history is a lot more easier than Geography as history is just about reading and understanding the content whereas Geography is more on the Scientific side with all the concepts, maps, toposheets, raw data, etc. that makes it very complicated to deal with.
History is easier than geography as it is easy to remember, understand and retain where as geography is difficult because it comtain more reason based question.
I did geography. I’d say history was harder in terms of structure with essays etc whereas geog was a lot of content but mostly memorising facts it just depends how ur brain works and what u find easier to remember. Once u hv the history structure down I don’t think it’s that hard but it’s getting the flow of it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending