The Student Room Group

OCR Computing GCSE- Coursework Tips

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dontknow01
Hey there, I am doing Task 1 currently. What were your 'requirements' or 'success criteria' and your variables for Task1?? Thanks, very much appreciated.

You'll need to be more specific on what task you're doing. There are quite a few different specifications (Maths Quiz, Password, Address Book etc.)
Original post by CyberJake
You'll need to be more specific on what task you're doing. There are quite a few different specifications (Maths Quiz, Password, Address Book etc.)

I am doing A453, GTIN-8 barcoding programme on delphi. Thanks.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by Undec
Just finished all of my coursework for computing GCSE.
I think I have gotten full marks in one and 2 marks off full marks in the second one.
I can give any tips or pointers.

Did you do the telephone trouble shooting programme coursework,you need to give 10 solutions and so on..task 1 ?????? if you did then can you please give me some tips to get A*..my all flowchart is so long and the programme so long...I have this week to finish it off and I have loads to do...I even have physics unit 1 real exam and am really worried so can u plz help me
Reply 43
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.
For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’
The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.
Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’

Posted from TSR Mobile
I also need help on the a453 GTIN task 2 coding. I don't know how to code at all, just very basic stuff. We never actually did any lessons on how to code, it was like the teacher assumed we all knew how to code and just went straight into the controlled assessment.
hey!

I am stuck on task 3 for the troubleshooting system for mobile phones . I'm confused with what i'm supposed to do. Do i need to read AND write ? Cans someone please just explain task 3 and point me in the direction?
Original post by miniboo
Can someone help me or send me the coding for task 2 and the design part would mean a lot if someone could help me I'm really stuck.

Some automated troubleshooting programs identify certain keywords in the customer’s query to provide potential solutions to the query.
For example, ‘There is no display on my mobile phone screen.’
The keywords ‘display’ and ‘phone’ would link to common problems with a phone display.
Analyse the requirements for this system and design, develop, test and evaluate a program to identify keywords in a query typed in by the user and provide a linked solution to common problems related to a mobile device from a selection stored in a text file or database. You will need to identify appropriate keywords that can be linked to general advice related problems. You need to account for variations in the form of the user input e.g. one user may query ‘There is no display on my mobile phone’, another user may query ‘My phone screen is blank.’

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use the All_text function and store each problem and keywords associated it as a variable.
Reply 47
Original post by kesh541
Hey i need help on my controlled assesment for ocr, task 3, for mobile phone troubleshooting, we have to ask the user what device they're using and give a list of questions stored in a textfile to output to them and then ask them what problem they;re having with their device and give them a solution. If you dont find a solution you have to store them a case file for help. Any help?? I understand how text files work but how would i check the user is inputting the correct answer from the question and give them a solution from their answers.

I will be taking computing this year how did you find it ?

Also to do that you can use else if statements

Or you can use if statement and use the or operator which checks if at least one input is valid

Or you can use the try and except method
How do you code task 2?
Original post by Undec
Just finished all of my coursework for computing GCSE.
I think I have gotten full marks in one and 2 marks off full marks in the second one.
I can give any tips or pointers.

Hey,
How many words in total were your word document (write-up/evaluation) for all three questions combined in A453?
Can I please have some advice too. What is needed for the writeups in A453 because all of my teachers haven't been that useful apart from one who came around Christmas/ January time so my previous teachers have led me a bit astray. What is needed to get marks on the other aspects. And for the evaluation do you say how you could improve the problem? Just any advice would be helpful thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending