The Student Room Group

Muslim girls; Would you marry a Muslim guy that drinks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepysnooze
....aren't you generalising all muslim girls as fundamentalists in that portrayal? praying 5 times a day + wearing a hijab isn't a liberal and modern form of islam - in fact it's probably closer to the middle east than europe regarding its approaches to islam - isn't that a *bad* thing?

He said he wants a hijabi who prays 5 times a day. I'm saying if he wants that then he should also behave well himself. Whether or not you believe that is a 'good' thing I think is a slightly different topic. But I don't see how praying is a bad thing? I can understand why you mention the hijab but not the praying...
Original post by Hirsty97
IIRC, there is a hadith (I think from Bukhari,, so it is sahih (authentic)) that states that if you pray it invalidates salah for 30 days, either you're a Qur'anist or just confused about your own religion.

Still I 've known lots of Muslims that drink; from both sexes

Quranists don't agree with praying whilst you're drunk.
Original post by Legendary Quest
Quranists don't agree with praying whilst you're drunk.

Never claimed they did. But they don't believe in the Hadith whereby alcohol invalidates prayer for a long time
Original post by Hirsty97
Never claimed they did. But they don't believe in the Hadith whereby alcohol invalidates prayer for a long time

But things like cigarettes and shisha are fine..
Original post by Emily babezxx
well if she is very islamic and you are always getting drunk and going strip clubs, she prob deserves someone better and by better , someone serious. However if she gets drunk often its okay.

She doesn't drink at all. She won't even imagine doing it. She is a very conservative Muslim girl and does not speak to guys even. I know information from her from her friends. I'm still interested in her in terms of marriage.
Reply 25
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a Muslim guy and I drink a lot of alcohol. I tend to get drunk on weekends and go clubbing(sometimes go to the strip club).
Anyway the girl who I'm interested in is a Hijabi and prays five times a day. I still pray five times a day but also drink a lot. In fact I sometimes pray when I'm drunk.
Anyway I'm just interested in Muslim girls' opinions on marrying someone who drinks quite regularly.

Not being harsh but I think youd need to sort that habit out first because its already forbidden in the Quraan- its basically haraam and I would not want a guy I marry to be indulged in haraam. If you are unable to obey the commandments of Allah then I think it would be a very major question whether the relationship would go well or not, because you may not be able to follow thorugh the relarionship with your wife.
You're religious enough to pray but not religious enough to know your prayers don't count for 40 days if you drink? :colonhash:
I'm not highly religious (still religious though - no haram relationship before marriage, pray only sometimes, don't wear hijab) but would never marry a guy that drinks.
lol
Yes.
Original post by Josb
Are you trolling?
I believe that some people on site deliberately make threads pretending their Muslim to give Muslims a bad name. Think about it...how many threads have you seen lately with only a "muslim" title ? sad pathetic low lives...
(edited 7 years ago)
In regards to prayer, it's intentions that count. No one really knows if a prayer is accepted or not it's not for us too dwell upon. Prayer is intimately between Allah and yourself.

In regards to the girl, clean up your act. If you're interested in this girl for the sake of marriage, be the man that she deserves. It's all great and jolly to see a girl and think wow shes what i want but you dont seem willing enough to become what she needs. How is that fair?
Original post by sleepysnooze
....aren't you generalising all muslim girls as fundamentalists in that portrayal? praying 5 times a day + wearing a hijab isn't a liberal and modern form of islam - in fact it's probably closer to the middle east than europe regarding its approaches to islam - isn't that a *bad* thing?

Why is it a "bad" thing?
She may have other liberal and "British" attributes like freedom of expression, right to work, right to PRACTICE religion freely (yes this means wearing a hijab and praying 5X a day) etc. Just because a female observes her religion within her daily tasks e.g. going to work doesn't automatically make her approach to religion and western life bad. Stop being so judgmental and branding something good or bad without having a look at the bigger picture. lots of Muslim women balance their life here in the UK and Islam for example doctors in the hospital who go to a prayer room to pray their obligatory salah and wear hijab but work alongside others in a place where they are needed. Would you call this a bad approach? If so I think you need to open your mind a little or find a Muslim friend, this is the 21st century, Muslim girls will wear a hijab and pray and do brilliant things. And this is what we do.
She doesn't drink at all. She won't even imagine doing it. She is a very conservative Muslim girl and does not speak to guys even. I know information from her from her friends. I'm still interested in her in terms of marriage.

How can you expect a conservative muslim girl that's on the siratul mustaqim, and who has saved herself and maintained her izzah in such a beautiful manner to marry a guy who is on the road to jahiliyaa.
Although I'm not judging what you do as you do pray (even if it is under the influences of alcohol) which is between you and Allah it is annoying when males become interested in pious females who don't even interact with the opposite gender when they are living a haram life of alcohol, clubbing, and some cases zina.
Please brother for her sake leave her be and focus on your own self.
Allah knows best

NK
You having a laugh? I wouldn't date or marry an alcoholic. Alcohol = family problems, possible domestic violence and a whole other heap of issue no-one wants to deal with.
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable." (Surah An-Nur [24:26])

"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable." (Surah An-Nur [24:26])
why would she be interested in an alcoholic when she's a good modest muslim girl who could easily find a nice decent muslim man... she doesn't need to settle for you
LOL Praying while drunk WTF!!
And no sane Muslim girl would marry you..
You are alcoholic, you can't be taken for serious.
Reply 38
**** off
If you drink your prayers are not excepted for 40 days
stop what's the point of praying when Allah's not even excepting you prayers
I consider myself as a modest muslim girl and reading the thread has made me contemplate about guy that I *know* (similar situation as you but does not pray whilst drunk [WTF])
Long story short, I will not even consider dating him because I know what he is like and even drunk people in general when they are unconscious so there will obviously be trust issues there.

Also, see it from this perspective and turn the tables, would you be interested in me if I went around, drinking, going to PIMP clubs and doing things that I wouldnt dare consider doing if you was there?
Double standards.

I hope that answered your question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending