The Student Room Group

Psychology A2 predictions?

Hi, I was wondering if an essay question appeared last year, how likely is it to appear again this year? Is there a point in focusing on it? Also, what do you think is going to appear in the psya3 paper?

I'm also doing OCD for unit 4 and I was wondering if the essays need IDA's?
They don't tend to repeat questions year after year.
Reply 2
Original post by Jyotii
Hi, I was wondering if an essay question appeared last year, how likely is it to appear again this year? Is there a point in focusing on it? Also, what do you think is going to appear in the psya3 paper?

No IDAs in unit 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jyotii

Original post by Annettee
No IDAs in unit 4 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can I just inform you that, though IDAs dom't have to be used, they are very creditworthy A02 marks and will push you into the higher bands, more towards the A/A* grades. Always try and incorporate at least one. Reductionism and determinism seems to be applicable in most areas.
Reply 4
Original post by Tinemither
Can I just inform you that, though IDAs dom't have to be used, they are very creditworthy A02 marks and will push you into the higher bands, more towards the A/A* grades. Always try and incorporate at least one. Reductionism and determinism seems to be applicable in most areas.

No they don't. Not in unit 4.
I've been told this repetitively by my teachers but also two weeks ago when I attended a conference with Mike card well..the guy who wrote the aqa book and is a senior examiner.

Just top and tail your a02 points I.e at the beginning of a point say either findings to support/contradict/undermine etc come from. Then provide your evidence and elaborate somewhat. After this make sure you say what this SUGGESTS. What is the implication, what does this show? So for example..this suggests that other factors also contribute to our eating behaviours, not just neural mechanisms alone. Do this for all you a02 points to reach into your effective bands. It is not necessary at all to use IDAS in unit 4, and you most certainly can get into high bands without them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Thank you everyone.
Original post by Annettee
No they don't. Not in unit 4.
I've been told this repetitively by my teachers but also two weeks ago when I attended a conference with Mike card well..the guy who wrote the aqa book and is a senior examiner.

Just top and tail your a02 points I.e at the beginning of a point say either findings to support/contradict/undermine etc come from. Then provide your evidence and elaborate somewhat. After this make sure you say what this SUGGESTS. What is the implication, what does this show? So for example..this suggests that other factors also contribute to our eating behaviours, not just neural mechanisms alone. Do this for all you a02 points to reach into your effective bands. It is not necessary at all to use IDAS in unit 4, and you most certainly can get into high bands without them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, the other poster is correct. IDA points are NOT needed, you are right in that regard, however they are very creditworthy and we have been told to include at least one just in case our answers need an extra push into the top band.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending