The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL-Mathematics and Physical Sciences Department?

I am currently trying to decide whether or not I should firm UCL for natural sciences (mathematics and physics stream) or LSE for mathematics and economics?

I went to UCL for open day, and whilst I greatly enjoyed learning about the school, I've heard a lot of people on TSR say the mathematics and physical sciences department is greatly underfunded and not spectacular in any way?

It would be great if someone could give me more insight on what the department is like etc
Thanks!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Yeah, Maths and Physical sciences really isn't UCL's strongpoint especially in comparison to its other courses. That was the impression I got from my visit there at least and most of the staff just seemed completely out of touch.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Yeah, Maths and Physical sciences really isn't UCL's strongpoint especially in comparison to its other courses. That was the impression I got from my visit there at least and most of the staff just seemed completely out of touch.

Do you think this applies to every course under the Maths and Physical sciences department (hope that question made sense)?
I don't know if the department's programmes are all around just more weak in general, or if its just certain ones hm
Original post by frognation22
Do you think this applies to every course under the Maths and Physical sciences department (hope that question made sense)?
I don't know if the department's programmes are all around just more weak in general, or if its just certain ones hm

Can't say much about all of those courses in general, my impressions of the department is mainly from their undergrad physics course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending