The Student Room Group
Original post by Debbie_KB
Title says it all, paying £128 to go and get a passport at the Newport office... Ridiculous... :frown:

Did they definitely receive it? If it got lost in the post you'd be due some sort of compensation
Original post by claireestelle
Did they definitely receive it? If it got lost in the post you'd be due some sort of compensation

They said they received it, that's what was admitted.
I'd hope I'd get some compensation...
That doesn't surprise me.

As said above, you should be entitled to something either from SF (if they lost it) or the postal service (if they lost it).
They said they received it, that's what was admitted.
I'd hope I'd get some compensation...

I would call them up again and insist on compensation then file a complaint, they shouldnt get away with that.
Original post by claireestelle
I would call them up again and insist on compensation then file a complaint, they shouldnt get away with that.

Thanks, will definitely do that!

Will they be able to pay back the cost of getting the passport etc?
Thanks, will definitely do that!

Will they be able to pay back the cost of getting the passport etc?

I m not sure, but i certainly think you deserve something.
they cna pay it if they wnat to, its discretionary. they have already admitted to having it so its their fault. Presumably they told you to get a new one or you confirmed thats what you would need to do. Look at the communications you had with them and make notes of who said what when including names times and dates. Presumably you have decided to get an expedited passport and they may say a normal one would have done, so be prepared.

I might even draft the letter and send it in with my new passport.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Title says it all, paying £128 to go and get a passport at the Newport office... Ridiculous... :frown:

Next time you send a passport, attach little tracking device to it, camera and perhaps a microphone. You'll find the villain.

Hopefully you'll get some sort of compensation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Next time you send a passport, attach little tracking device to it, camera and perhaps a microphone. You'll find the villain.

Hopefully you'll get some sort of compensation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:clap2::clap2:

Made my day!! Always a next time to try that one out... :L
:clap2::clap2:

Made my day!! Always a next time to try that one out... :L

If there is going to be a next time. That's what I meant. Yes...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Send them a certified copy next time.

Latest

Trending

Trending