The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

B Sc Management

Which college is better LSE or Bath ? As per latest rankings for Management courses Bath overtakes LSE? I want your views on this ranking.
I think it depends on what you want from a degree. In terms of employability, the reputation of the university seems to be of key significance - something rankings don't seem to be very concerned about. In this case, the obvious choice would be LSE.

However, if you want to find a place with high student satisfaction etc. rankings might just be a good indicator.

In the end of the day, I think what distinguishes LSE is its selectivity. If you as an employer know that the university only take in top-performing students, there's simply less work for the employer in terms of interviews and internships etc. Even if the teaching (as indicated by some rankings) is better at Bath, employers know that LSE guarantee a certain standard among their graduates.
(edited 8 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Thanks for your suggestion. How is employability of Bath management students?
Original post by aardee
Thanks for your suggestion. How is employability of Bath management students?

I wouldn't know. But keep in mind that Bath offers a placement year, where you can gain work experience. This could give you an advantage when entering the job market.
Original post by aardee
Which college is better LSE or Bath ? As per latest rankings for Management courses Bath overtakes LSE? I want your views on this ranking.

in exactly the same position, Bath or Lse really don't know what to do. Concerned about the social life at lse and if the course will be much harder there compared to bath. Lse will give better job opportunities though
Original post by aardee

LSE is more targeted by the top end of employers but, a top candidate from either of the above unis would fair well in the recruitment process. If you don't think you're a top candidate (i.e. your CV isn't strong, you only have good grades etc) then, make life easier for yourself and choose LSE. If you are indeed top, choose whichever you prefer.

It's not wholly true that LSE would immediately afford you with better opportunities, rather, the university on your CV would cut you a bit more slack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jamessmith15
in exactly the same position, Bath or Lse really don't know what to do. Concerned about the social life at lse and if the course will be much harder there compared to bath. Lse will give better job opportunities though

The bad LSE student life is a myth.
I always thought that the LSE Management course was basically a math degree focusing on operations research
Original post by Confusedschubert
I always thought that the LSE Management course was basically a math degree focusing on operations research

It doesn't have more math modules than any other Management course (30 ECTS of math is pretty standard).
However, it does contain more economics than a typical Management degree, and is considered as an Economics & Management degree by the department that administers it. The only thing getting in the way of the degree being renamed to this, is the economics department arguing that the course doesn't contain enough economics modules to be considered an economics degree.
Original post by squashbooster
It doesn't have more math modules than any other Management course (30 ECTS of math is pretty standard).
However, it does contain more economics than a typical Management degree, and is considered as an Economics & Management degree by the department that administers it. The only thing getting in the way of the degree being renamed to this, is the economics department arguing that the course doesn't contain enough economics modules to be considered an economics degree.

Is the management degree at LSE harder than the management degrees at Bath and warwick??
Original post by jamessmith15
Is the management degree at LSE harder than the management degrees at Bath and warwick??

I would say it depends on what subjects you're good at. I believe LSE management degree is a bit more intense than the other, but if you're really good at quantitative stuff it shouldn't be too hard. It seems that both Warwick and Bath are less quantitative, and more focused on 'application theory', which I personally don't like and would probably have a harder time at those unis.

My point is that I think the workload is pretty much the same at most top universities, and even if it does vary slightly, your perception of the workload depends on your personal skills and interests.
Reply 11
I got offers from Warwick, Bath and LSE but I've firmed LSE.

The social life at LSE is likely to be better at either of those two, there's nothing to do in terms of watching sport, seeing bands, shopping, and limited night life's vs living in London where there's the best of all of those things. Also you're likely to mix with students from KCL and UCL, the only reason I could see you avoiding LSE is the cost. Even the cost might not be as bad as you think with all different halls in the first year with different pricing.
Reply 12
which degree is best between LSE management and UCL management science ? I have also management at kings, warwick, and bath, although i think LSE or UCL is better....
Original post by dudech
which degree is best between LSE management and UCL management science ? I have also management at kings, warwick, and bath, although i think LSE or UCL is better....

LSE, UCL and Warwick are all on par for recruiting purposes. Differences are pretty minor at this level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
LSE, UCL and Warwick are all on par for recruiting purposes. Differences are pretty minor at this level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

firmed lse
Original post by M8ty
I got offers from Warwick, Bath and LSE but I've firmed LSE.

The social life at LSE is likely to be better at either of those two, there's nothing to do in terms of watching sport, seeing bands, shopping, and limited night life's vs living in London where there's the best of all of those things. Also you're likely to mix with students from KCL and UCL, the only reason I could see you avoiding LSE is the cost. Even the cost might not be as bad as you think with all different halls in the first year with different pricing.

what halls have u chosen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending