The Student Room Group

Personal statement help!! emergency (kind of)

What should I do between now and september to aid my personal statement? I am fine academically but don't have that much to put on my statement
Reply 1
Original post by ahgh233432
What should I do between now and september to aid my personal statement? I am fine academically but don't have that much to put on my statement

I think a good ballpark is to spend around a half/third of your PS writing about books you've read which are related to why your interested in whatever subject it is your applying for. So settle on some books to read and really digest/understand them, then whack 'em in your PS, obviously distilling down the bits you find interesting into 1/2 paragraphs. Best of luck.
I did 70 hours of voluntary work, 1 week of work experience and I have also had a part time job for 7 months. Best things to do because they give you first hand work place experience which is something that school can't give you.

Original post by ahgh233432
Reply 3
Original post by emmarough
I did 70 hours of voluntary work, 1 week of work experience and I have also had a part time job for 7 months. Best things to do because they give you first hand work place experience which is something that school can't give you.

And also of almost no interest to Oxford for almost all subjects....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending