The Student Room Group

No motivation at all :(

I have zero motivation at all. I try to make aims before I start revising, i barely achieve any on them. I have 17 A level exams and I just do not know what is wrong with me. I also have mocks the week i start college again. What should I do guys? I feel like this is the only chance I have and I do not want to regret on results day or have a summer where I am really worried.

What keeps you guys going?
Original post by maggie43
I have zero motivation at all. I try to make aims before I start revising, i barely achieve any on them. I have 17 A level exams and I just do not know what is wrong with me. I also have mocks the week i start college again. What should I do guys? I feel like this is the only chance I have and I do not want to regret on results day or have a summer where I am really worried.

What keeps you guys going?

Why so many exams? Are you doing 5 A levels?
Reply 2
Original post by DeadEnd_96
Why so many exams? Are you doing 5 A levels?

No. I am doing just 4 and a few retakes
Reply 3
I find it best to look over past papers, then to write your answer, then compare to the Mark Scheme.

I also tend to make notes from the exam bored mark schemes.

Good Luck!! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm with you I have the same amount and I cba

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
think about how you'll feel on results day, make that your motivation.
IT would be better if you gave us more information, like what do you think is holding you back from your revision. Maybe you're overwhelmed, or stuck in guilty pleasure (anime in my case). Read inspirational quotes and watch motivational videos on youtube.

these two quotes helped me:

"if you're going through hell, keep going"
"the best way past is though"
Reply 8
Which universities do you have offers from?

Just think about the outcome of putting all your effort in to these exams, you'll be at a university you want to be at.

Oh, and uni is wayyy more chilled than A-levels/Sixth Form.
Reply 9
You said it yourself, you don't want to fail and this is the only chance you have. I don't mean to worry you further but if you begin working, a few hours a day, you can and will achieve but it depends on whether you put the work in.
So, ask yourself, is it worth it?
The answer for is yes, that's why I open my text books and get working.
You've got enough time to do well, be confident and get working - prove to yourself you can do this.
Reply 10
try making a timetable of when you should revise each subjects. try not to make your tasks too big, break down your task into smaller and achievable tasks, take sort breaks in between. if you procrastinate a lot then take more breaks but more shorter. you don't want long breaks and not do a lot of work. 17 exams is a lot... if you cant stay focus on your own or have the motivation to continue revising, try revising in small groups, don't revise with people who will just distract you more than you were when you were alone. revise with people who are maybe smarter than you and people who take the same subjects (like a mentor). Doing this allows you to ask questions that you are unsure of and also makes your brain want to work hard/harder. or when your feeling like giving up on something just shout to yourself "JUST DO IT!!!!!!!"

Good luck on your exams!
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest