The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Questionz on MSc in Political Theory

I am a student from Hong Kong, with special interest in political philosopy.

May anyone tell me how likely is it for me to get into MSc in Political Theory in LSE?

cGPA: 3.45/4.00

Grades in relevant courses:
Western Political Philosophy - A
Advanced Western Ethics - A
Understanding Morality - A-
Ethics: The Chinese Tradition - A-
Finance and Politics - A-
Politics of the Greater China - A

QS Ranking of my school in philosophy: 101-150

Research in progress: a thesis about liberalism and communitarianism

Awards and achievements: two academic scholarships awarded by the faculty, and three awards in regional debate competitions

Many thanks!
Reply 1
Hello! You will be able to find out entry requirement for your country on the LSE website. I would apply as soon as possible as I know places are very limited (40 in total). I have been accepted on the course and will be starting this September.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by studentfromhk
I am a student from Hong Kong, with special interest in political philosopy.

May anyone tell me how likely is it for me to get into MSc in Political Theory in LSE?

cGPA: 3.45/4.00

Grades in relevant courses:
Western Political Philosophy - A
Advanced Western Ethics - A
Understanding Morality - A-
Ethics: The Chinese Tradition - A-
Finance and Politics - A-
Politics of the Greater China - A

QS Ranking of my school in philosophy: 101-150

Research in progress: a thesis about liberalism and communitarianism

Awards and achievements: two academic scholarships awarded by the faculty, and three awards in regional debate competitions

Many thanks!

If your interest lies in political philosophy, why not apply for Philosophy and Public Policy? LSE's Philosophy department is ranked 7th worldwide & the philosophy courses are politically based.
Dear Moss92,

I've completed all application procedures since mid-April. I've made an offer by another university, which is also good for me, but LSE will definitely be a better option. Hope will get good news from LSE and meet you soon!

Dear prospective_grad,

Indeed I've ever considered that. But the modules in political theory are a little bit more suitable for me, and I was afraid that Philosophy and Public Policy would be too competitive (indeed it closed very soon)
Original post by studentfromhk
Dear Moss92,

I've completed all application procedures since mid-April. I've made an offer by another university, which is also good for me, but LSE will definitely be a better option. Hope will get good news from LSE and meet you soon!

Dear prospective_grad,

Indeed I've ever considered that. But the modules in political theory are a little bit more suitable for me, and I was afraid that Philosophy and Public Policy would be too competitive (indeed it closed very soon)

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending