The Student Room Group

Work Experience Contacts

Anyone have any husbandry work experience contacts to share?
(Especially in the north around Manchester)
Thanks in advance
bump
Original post by sophielophie
Anyone have any husbandry work experience contacts to share?
(Especially in the north around Manchester)
Thanks in advance

Google can be your best friend for this kind of thing. Google dairy farms, poultry farms, pig farms and it'll come up with something for you. For lambing look at the NSA website

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would help if you were more specific. I'm afraid that I don't have anything that might help as I'm not from around there, but other people might be more inclined to help out if it looks like you've already made an effort to find some places. Is there a specific placement you're struggling with finding or do you just want anything?

There are a load of links in the Resources Thread that might be able to help, for example the NSA lambing list and directories of stud farms, poultry farms and even alpaca breeders. Have you looked there?

Businesses that are open to the public (kennels/catteries, rescue centres, open farms, stables, pet shops, dog groomers, falconry centres etc etc) are easy to find. Yell.com or similar can help you here.

It sounds obvious, but Google Maps can be really helpful in finding farms. If there's a farm close to you you've noticed when driving somewhere, you can use Maps to find out their contact details.

When you're on placement, make a point of asking if they know any other places nearby that would be able to take a student. Farmers have to work with each other, so chances are they know a few!

Good luck with finding some placements :smile:
Thanks for the help. :smile:
I don't live in the UK, so I'm having to be very specific in terms of location.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending