The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Did people use data from the table to answer the ammonia conditions question? :eek:

I answered 450 C and 200 atmospheres because thats what we learnt. :s-smilie:
T11PES
Did people use data from the table to answer the ammonia conditions question? :eek:

Nope, not really.

I got the same answer as that. :five:

What did you get for the second bit, about the yield?
I got:
(a) When temp increases = yield decreases.
(b) When pressure increases = yield decreases.

:dontknow:
I learnt that they use 450 C and 200 atmospheres in industry, but only for cost reasons. In the question they asked what would be used for the highest yield, and I think it was 100 degrees and 1000 atmospheres. I think. :p:

Bexiness!

(a) Yupp, (b) I put it increases...

Correct if I'm wrong :redface:
Reply 183
Yh i got the same
Reply 184
mikeski
Well starch is a carbohydrate... I think you would get the mark yeah.

I put Glucose. Was gonna put Starch but thought, it's like the second thing as energy, the starch is linked to glucose, and glucose is used for all other purposes too.

So did I balls it up or recon I got the mark?

---

Also, I used the data in the table to answer questions about the Haber Process (getting Ammonia).
Reply 185
Bexiness!
Nope, not really.

I got the same answer as that. :five:

I got:

When pressure increases, the yield also increases =)
Reply 186
yh it increases under higher presure im afraid...something to do with the system liking less particles (but bigger ones) in high pressure, in the same way as id spose id rather be in a small space with 3 fat people instead of 20 little people...thats how i remembered it anyway...and it worked with the temperature aswell: if its hot, the fat molecules will sweat and the equilibrium will stink of BO, so itll want more skinny hydrogen and nitrogen...but the exam was fine, only one i cudnt get was the opposite of polymerisation one, didnt have a clue
Reply 187
Bexiness!
I got:

For (b) I put increase instead. :smile:
Reply 188
jamie_90
yh it increases under higher presure im afraid...something to do with the system liking less particles (but bigger ones) in high pressure, in the same way as id spose id rather be in a small space with 3 fat people instead of 20 little people...thats how i remembered it anyway...and it worked with the temperature aswell: if its hot, the fat molecules will sweat and the equilibrium will stink of BO, so itll want more skinny hydrogen and nitrogen...but the exam was fine, only one i cudnt get was the opposite of polymerisation one, didnt have a clue

Lmao!!! :biggrin: :p:
Reply 189
was the amount of light absorbed by the grass 2%?

and was the next answer after that 111?
discoo-x

Yuss I believe soooo
Reply 191
when the temp increases, to forward reaction increases resulting in more ammonia, (however the reverse reaction also increases)... is this correct?

but i put increases for both... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:biggrin:
Reply 192
discoo-x

Yes :smile:
Reply 193
fahmiaziz
when the temp increases, to forward reaction increases resulting in more ammonia, (however the reverse reaction also increases)... is this correct?

but i put increases for both... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:biggrin:

No... The higher the temperature the less ammonia because when it gets to a certain temp., the reaction reverses.

EDIT: If you said that when the temperature increases to a certain temp. then the amount of ammonia produced is high. But, when the temperature gets too high, the reaction reverses and the ammonia turns back to hydrogen and nitrogen.
fahmiaziz

High temp. => less ammonia
High pressure => more ammonia

(and vice versa)
Reply 195
T11PES

i put my answer as: lower temp and higher pressure?? is tht right??

the question was in what condition would the yield be more produce something like that i think...
Reply 196
fahmiaziz

the question was in what condition would the yield be more produce something like that i think...

:s-smilie: Sure the amount of ammonia produced was highest (99.9%) at a pressure of 1000 with the temp being 200 degrees C.
I put 2% and 111 for the other too.
I think in question to the Haber Process question it was decrease for temperature and increase for pressure. I remember cramming it in befoore the exam.
I know that it increases for pressure, because of the likelihood of successful collisions is increased, due to the reduced amount of space. Something like that, correct me if I'm wrong!
Does anyone know if the hydrocaron question was cracking or polymerisation?
Or what the two balanced forces were for the Sun?
This paper was harder for me, even with a lack of Chemistry calculations and Physics formulas.
Reply 198
confused_and_smiling
I put 2% and 111 for the other too.
I think in question to the Haber Process question it was decrease for temperature and increase for pressure. I remember cramming it in befoore the exam.
I know that it increases for pressure, because of the likelihood of successful collisions is increased, due to the reduced amount of space. Something like that, correct me if I'm wrong!
Does anyone know if the hydrocaron question was cracking or polymerisation?
Or what the two balanced forces were for the Sun?
This paper was harder for me, even with a lack of Chemistry calculations and Physics formulas.

Yes the Haber answer is right and the collision theory correct :smile:

Yes it was cracking, or thermal decomposition.

The two forces of the Sun were gravity and apparently pressure, I think... someone said it in the thread somewhere :p: Hard question and only worth 1 mark!!
fahmiaziz

I did the same. Thinking back maybe I should have quoted the numbers :s-smilie:

Latest