The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NJA
Probably Donny Van de Beek is better value for half that.

Fair enough but transfermarket valuations aren’t bang on Grealish has a lower value on that site than him.

Also their is a premium for a player already in the league, one who is British and then English.

But I’m not trying to convince other clubs to take him I’m quite happy to keep him but I realise 80 million if spent on a 2 or 3 players will improve our team over him being here.
Original post by paul514
Fair enough but transfermarket valuations aren’t bang on Grealish has a lower value on that site than him.

Also their is a premium for a player already in the league, one who is British and then English.

But I’m not trying to convince other clubs to take him I’m quite happy to keep him but I realise 80 million if spent on a 2 or 3 players will improve our team over him being here.

United typically do prefer signing English players rather than importing and tend to pay a little over the odds for the privilege... but I don’t see us going over £55m. If he goes for 80 this summer it’ll be to City I reckon.

Although you have just sacked the sporting director so if we swoop in now whilst the transfer strategy is up in the air we might get somewhere?
Original post by IanDangerously
United typically do prefer signing English players rather than importing and tend to pay a little over the odds for the privilege... but I don’t see us going over £55m. If he goes for 80 this summer it’ll be to City I reckon.

Although you have just sacked the sporting director so if we swoop in now whilst the transfer strategy is up in the air we might get somewhere?

There is zero chance we would sell him for 55 million I can tell you that for sure.

God knows what they are going to do post Suso, my guess would be they are going to appoint someone later in the year and just buy the players the manager wants this summer. If it wasn’t that then they would have lined someone up already who’s been looking at this for months... I find that unlikely.

I don’t even think you need Grealish, you need a centre forward assuming you have Jadon coming in.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by paul514
There is zero chance we would sell him for 55 million I can tell you that for sure.

God knows what they are going to do post Suso, my guess would be they are going to appoint someone later in the year and just buy the players the manager wants this summer. If it wasn’t that then they would have lined someone up already who’s been looking at this for months... I find that unlikely.

I don’t even think you need Grealish, you need a centre forward assuming you have Jadon coming in.

I can see him staying for another year to be honest. We don’t desperately need him enough to pay the asking price and if we did sign him he wouldn’t be guaranteed as much game time as he’s used to because we’re looking for rotational positions in that area more than guaranteed starters

I don’t even know if he’d agree to getting 15-20 league games and a few CL games with United when he can stay at Villa and maybe have better options for a move this time next year!
Original post by IanDangerously
I can see him staying for another year to be honest. We don’t desperately need him enough to pay the asking price and if we did sign him he wouldn’t be guaranteed as much game time as he’s used to because we’re looking for rotational positions in that area more than guaranteed starters

I don’t even know if he’d agree to getting 15-20 league games and a few CL games with United when he can stay at Villa and maybe have better options for a move this time next year!

I don’t think he will get a better move, I rate the midfield and attack of UTD at the moment I expect much more from UTD and Chelsea next year
Can somebody pinch me
Reply 3066
Aston Villa has landed in HK as a rainstorm.
I (LFC fan) is wetted by the rain, and after an HOUR I am still wet!
Still buzzing after yesterday. Unreal.
Original post by Quixote.
Still buzzing after yesterday. Unreal.

Same here! :eek:

I would expect a 7-2 victory for Liverpool, but for Villa? I still can't believe it.

Quick Reply

Latest