The Student Room Group

Resits for NEW A-levels

I've tried searching online but have found conflicting information...

If you don't do well when receiving AS results in Aug 2016, will there still be an option to sit Jan 2017 retakes?

This is regarding subjects that won't be changing until Sep 2016 and Sep 2017 as I know the new syllabus AS level grades don't count towards your full A-Level if you started in Sep 2015.

Thanks very much!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Yes, you will be able to retake old AS levels, next year is the very last exam specifically for retakes.
Original post by MonStar89
I've tried searching online but have found conflicting information...

If you don't do well when receiving AS results in Aug 2016, will there still be an option to sit Jan 2017 retakes?

This is regarding subjects that won't be changing until Sep 2016 and Sep 2017 as I know the new syllabus AS level grades don't count towards your full A-Level if you started in Sep 2015.

Thanks very much!

There is no option for January resits, this was removed after the Jan 2013 exam series.
You can retake old specification exams for all subjects in summer 2017.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest