The Student Room Group

Chemistry exam nightmare!

Hi. I got an A* in my chemistry controlled assessment and want that over all. (I get it in mocks)

But today I STUPIDLY didn't check the back page of of the paper - so didn't answer 9 marks worth of questions !! I think I did reasonably well on the others, looking at the unofficial markcheme.

If I get A/A* inC2 and C3 will I still be able to get an A* overall?!! Or at least an A
I wouldn't worry too much since you've still got C2 and C3 ahead of you. 9 marks isn't all that much in the grand scheme of the chemistry papers and the grade boundaries are pretty low so if you get A*s in past papers it shouldn't make too much of a difference.
It was 8 marks, not 9. Yes you can still get an A* overall. You could probably have lost a few other marks on that paper, (between 2 and 3) to still get an A*. I understand this would be hard and you have probably not got an A* on that paper, but the overall grade doesn't go off the grade for each unit, it goes off the score and the UMS marks. You can still get an A* :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest