The Student Room Group

Wasn't given extra time?

Hi, in the P1 AQA exam today BOTH of my biro pens ran out of ink. I then asked the invigilator for another pen and this approximately took 2 minutes. If I had this time on the end then I would have been able to finish the paper. Should I notify my exams officer or not?

Also, for one 6 marker question I carried onto a spare paper booklet. I filled in my candidate number, centre number and name and put which question I carried on, on the spare paper booklet. However, on the actual exam paper I did not mention that I carried onto an extra spare paper booklet. Furthermore, for one of the questions you needed to state two advantages of nuclear power over renewable power. For my first point I crossed it out and wrote the correct answer on the spare paper booklet but for my second point I left it on the exam paper. Would I get the 2 marks for this question as the answers were correct but one of the answers was on the spare paper and I didn't write down on the exam paper that part of my answer (first point) was on the spare paper booklet.
The spare paper booklet was tucked into my exam paper.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Maybe speak to your exams officer / tutor and see what they say?

I`m not sure if they`ll give for the pen running out of ink, but usually on the booklets your name and so on are there so it should be ok.

For the paper, if its tucked in and kept there they`ll know its yours.

Again, maybe speak to exams officer or tutor to be sure
:smile:
When the exam paper is sent to the exam board the people who scan them will see them, and as long as you've written which question it was that you answered on the additional paper they will scan that too.
Original post by guy321
Hi, in the P1 AQA exam today BOTH of my biro pens ran out of ink. I then asked the invigilator for another pen and this approximately took 2 minutes. If I had this time on the end then I would have been able to finish the paper. Should I notify my exams officer or not?

Also, for one 6 marker question I carried onto a spare paper booklet. I filled in my candidate number, centre number and name and put which question I carried on, on the spare paper booklet. However, on the actual exam paper I did not mention that I carried onto an extra spare paper booklet. Furthermore, for one of the questions you needed to state two advantages of nuclear power over renewable power. For my first point I crossed it out and wrote the correct answer on the spare paper booklet but for my second point I left it on the exam paper. Would I get the 2 marks for this question as the answers were correct but one of the answers was on the spare paper and I didn't write down on the exam paper that part of my answer (first point) was on the spare paper booklet.
The spare paper booklet was tucked into my exam paper.

Suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

1. The pen running out of ink is 100% your responsibiliy. You should have several spares. Not a good excuse.

2. They will be together so no need to worry about that. You gave enough ID for them to match up.

3. Yes they will match up your answer.

Nothing to worry about. Buy more pens .

Quick Reply

Latest