The Student Room Group

Any good ideas about things to do in the summer

Does anyone have any good ideas about things to do in the summer I could add to my CV?
I'm looking for a part-time job and want to make my CV look a bit more interesting
Festival volunteering : https://www.festivalvolunteer.co.uk/
Original post by HarryPea122
Does anyone have any good ideas about things to do in the summer I could add to my CV?
I'm looking for a part-time job and want to make my CV look a bit more interesting

go to a website called team london and register on the website and so when u do this they will give u a variety of voluntering opportunities :smile:
It depends what career you're looking into doing/what you're passionate about? Like with me I want to have a career working with children so there's zero point in me volunteering at a charity shop.

Like here's a list of the voluntary work I've done cause you'd be amazed at how much there is to do in just one sector:

- School / volunteered one day a week
- After school club / worked there one day a week
- Beaver scout club / volunteer one evening a week (been here for nearly two years a scout leader gives you so much opportunity to do fun activities for free like last weekend we went ziplining)
- Childrens hospital / volunteer two hours a week (just started this)

I'm not assuming you want to work with children (maybe you do, maybe someone else reading this will) but this just shows you that there's a lot of hidden opportunity in each career sector.

If you're not sure what you want to do, I would suggest volunteering at a shop or a dog rescue centre perhaps. You can also phone up doctors clinics and volunteer there just to help out for a couple of hours each week. You can ask theatres if they're looking for front of house members, one of my friends does that. There's a lot to choose from really
Original post by HarryPea122

Hi! Not sure if this can go on your cv and i know it isnt exactly a job but would look very good on your cv if you did but rasing money for charty by doing something cool and differant might be good! You could do something really funny but stupid to make other people either want to do it with you to or sponser you! If you raised a significant amount it would look extremly impressive and if it was something funny it would make your cv very interesting! ha ha .
You could always set up an event somewere or in a park though you would have to get permisssion i think. That would be quite cool and it also shows on your cv that you are responsible as well as confident which will look very good !
work experience ...maybe try do work experience abroad that will look amazing on your cv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending