The Student Room Group

How many sexual partners is it normal to have at 18?

Scroll to see replies

Forget what these people say as many as you want as long as you play safe and not dragging anyone along under false pretences. If your looking for love then stick to females/males who want the same thing so it may be only one or three. If your looking for fun experiences then go wild! Personally I'm 21 and my number is 23 could possibly be more.... Thing is now when I'm with someone I know what there is and if I wanted it I wouldn't be with the person I'm with now. Yes a lot of fun was had whilst I were young but trust me never go fishing without a net!
Reply 61
Don't be 'normal'. It doesn't exist. Sleep with people you want to sleep with; providing your encounters are safe, risk-aware and consensual, you don't have to worry about numbers.
i'd had 5 by that point
Original post by rxns_00
Not really? Who are you to judge what "a lot" is and what isn't? 🤔🤔

And notice I'm not saying it's the average, but most people I know don't go past about 6. Few I know go into 10s and that's up to them

I'm not judging, it's just higher than I would have thought is all...
Reply 64
I'd only had one consensual - yet unfortunate - encounter with a man by this point. I didn't start having lots of sex until my mid-twenties. I didn't start having good sex until I started having sex with women (barring two men). Sex now is fantastic (with one particular person, mind). I can wholeheartedly say that most of the sex I've had outside of a relationship has been utterly dire. But you live and learn (namely, I've learned what I do - and don't - like).

I was about to say "honestly, I'd stop worrying about sex", but that's a stupid thing to say to a teenager. Worry as much as you need to. But maybe try to shift your worry to other sex stuff, like what you like about sex, what you're curious about, the type of person you want to have sex with/why etc. Those questions are far more interesting, and will have a positive influence on your life. Dwelling on numbers will not.

Really sorry if this post sounds patronizing.
Original post by difeo
Above about 5 is gross

Is that age or number of partners

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Is that age or number of partners

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rekt :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending