Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

worried about sex

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

If they are the sort of person to compare you to someone else, you'd know this waaaay before you get intimate and you shouldn't ever want to be with someone like that. Please get out of a relationship if they end up treating you like you're inferior or something.

Bro chill its just sex... besides they hve people to hire for such instances..

(Original post by Anonymous)
    so i feel really dumb writing this but it's constantly playing in my mind. I've never had sex before (i'm 19) and have never really been ready for a relationship until now. however i'm literally terrified of getting into a relationship with someone who has had sex before. Ideally I'd like my first time to be with another virgin but due to my age i feel this gonna be almost impossible and chances are the person i end up with won't be one. I just feel like they would compare me to the previous person they slept with (meaning the sex itself and also comparing my body) and obviously i would need them to go slow for my first time and i'd worry they wouldn't or like they couldn't be bothered to take their time. I know it's dumb but it's constantly playing in my mind and I wish I could stop worrying about this
    If someone is good enough to have sex with you, they completely won't care about any of this stuff and their main priority will be making you comfortable. Honestly, if they're about to have sex with someone, they are hardly going to be thinking about anything else in that moment! Honestly it's just the overthinking and the pressure of sex in the media that is making you feel this way, but most people are completely normal and understanding - and 19 is not an unusual age to be a virgin! Just don't have sex for the sake of it, when it is with the right person none of this will matter if they don't listen to your worries then they aren't worth your time
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 5, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Cats: Yay or nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.