The Student Room Group

New SAT system confusion

I'm really confused about what a good SAT score is for the new SAT test. I noticed that most universities have not changed the SAT scores they accept for 2016-17 applicants on their websites. I get that I need to get the best possible SAT score if I'm planning to apply to Duke, Yale, Cornell etc, but roughly what kind of SAT (2016) scores are these unis looking for?

Reply 1
I just did a full new timed reading/writing test and got 640 as my score, which is not great, but considering that I had no preparation and did not know what to expect I suppose it's a start.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by almannac
I'm really confused about what a good SAT score is for the new SAT test. I noticed that most universities have not changed the SAT scores they accept for 2016-17 applicants on their websites. I get that I need to get the best possible SAT score if I'm planning to apply to Duke, Yale, Cornell etc, but roughly what kind of SAT (2016) scores are these unis looking for?

For those schools, especially for international students, at least 1500 on the new SAT. Most applicants will be around 1550 or higher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending