The Student Room Group
entirely up to you...AAB is fine AAA with obviously increase your chances, the answer is obvious
Reply 2
you could retake and get in.
only one way to find out.
Reply 3
Resit candidates can get offers - but you need to check individual school policies as to whether they require you to have applied there first time round / achieved above X first time round / have had exenuating circumstances / require higher grades at resit etc.

Whether it's crazy to expect it to succeed depends on you - why you missed the grades first time round, whether you'll realistically be able to achieve those needed at resists and whether you are able to improve more than just the academics of your application if necessary.

If you really want it, in the grand scheme of things, it's "just one more year"... but the pragmatist in me (who saw a friend fail to meet offers, then fail to meet offers again after gap year resitting) says don't neglect your "Plan B" too.
Reply 4
Im no expert, but reading prospecti i have found that most unis will accept resit cands as long as there are ext circumstances and that u get all A's in the subjects you resit. Can be done.
Hehe trying to be clever with the prospectus plural eh?
It's actually 'prospectuses' :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hm my plan is to go into biomed if my grades go wrong(yes I know its forbidden :rolleyes:). I have no extenuating circumstances and I don't wanna run the risk of not going to uni AGAIN!
Reply 7
:
BabyGirl
Hm my plan is to go into biomed if my grades go wrong(yes I know its forbidden :rolleyes:). I have no extenuating circumstances and I don't wanna run the risk of not going to uni AGAIN!

yeah thats sort of my dilemna as well... well not really a dilemna because there is a solution...!:redface:

i thought AAB would be okay as grades to reapply for medicine :confused: am i wrong in thinking that? >__< has anyone reapplied and got in with AAB? .. :cool:

but if get any lower than AAB i'm def gonna go in for another course.. either biochem or biomed and work my way to medicine after that :redface: :redface:

p.s. damn all you people who got accepted :mad: hehee.. oj :p:
Reply 8
I don't think AAA will advantage you over AAB if you're gap yearing. What would really help you, rather than getting all absorbed in the grades, is taking a good, long, honest and frankly uncomfortable look at why you didn't get any offers, because it obviously had nothing to do with your grades if you're predicted AAB.

What is your work experience like? What do you understand about the medicine curriculum both in general and specifically at the medschools you're applying to? What are the medschools you're applying to unique strengths? How did you organise and word your personal statement? How do you come across at interview? Too arrogant? Too timid? The question mark button on my keyboard is wearing down so I'll stop, but that should be enough for you to be getting on with.
Reply 9
tbh if u are less than aab then u must have extenuating circumstances to get in, and even then they may delay u for a year like me.
and in this hard world u may find it tough to find other med schools that let u reapply...usually its only if u applied to them first time.
Yeah, but it was nice during my 'grap' year to have AAAa, it makes you feel reasonably confident.

Latest

Trending

Trending