The Student Room Group

Job suggestions?

Hi,
I'm eighteen and have just finished exams, so I've got about three months until university. I'm looking to get a job in that time, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestion as to what to apply for. The only things really coming to my mind is working in a fast food outlet or a supermarket, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any slightly different opportunities?
Thanks very much :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by daviem
Hi,
I'm eighteen and have just finished exams, so I've got about three months until university. I'm looking to get a job in that time, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestion as to what to apply for. The only things really coming to my mind is working in a fast food outlet or a supermarket, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any slightly different opportunities?
Thanks very much :smile:

Generally, retail or restaurants are the best options because it's easier to be trained.

If you have excellent computer skills you may be able to find something in admin or as a receptionist. This would be easier if you have any IT qualifications.
Original post by daviem

Not many employers will get through the employment process and get you started if you are leaving in 3 months - it's not worth it. Look for specifically seasonal jobs that have a peak in staff numbers in the summer months - ie tourist/event roles.
Go through an agency, they'll have short term work.
Reply 4
Thanks guys, unfortunately I don't particularly have any ICT skills, I'll look into the other suggestions though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending