The Student Room Group

Daily mail calls out THE STUDENT ROOM!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3666112/Students-claim-suffering-depression-Brexit.html

'I'm grieving for our loss of cultural enrichment': Students claim they will fail their exams because they are so DEPRESSED about Brexit

A thread on popular forum The Student Room entitled 'Does anyone else feel genuinely depressed about Brexit?' has had around 300 replies.

One student wrote: 'I've felt so down all day because of this, and just have this constant sick feeling in my stomach.'I genuinely feel like I'm grieving. I feel like I'm grieving for our growing economy (slow but steady). I'm grieving for our loss of cultural enrichment.'Another added: 'Took about an hour for my hands to stop shaking, and for my knees to return to some semblance of working order after I saw the result.'

Although some took care not to blame Leave voters for their upset, other were more blunt in their assessment.One complained: 'I have felt sick all day, and ashamed. And angry, with special little peaks of rage dedicated to the claptrap by degrees either ignorant, racist or both, that leavers have peddled as their "reasons".'

Other students suggested that the political turmoil had affected their preparation for exams and insisted they deserved extra marks because they were so upset.One wrote: 'Can I class Brexit as a traumatic event when fail my exams next week? Because honestly I'm so distracted now because of it.'Another said: 'I wonder if I can get special consideration for my Further Maths and Physics exams today because I was stressed about Brexit?'

A number of students have expressed fears that Brexit will prevent them from taking courses abroad, and expressed fears that British universities could see their funding squeezed.

lol.. strong everything
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Lol.
"Fanatical remainers" Yeah unlike some actual fanatics on the other side, no remainers are trying to kill people just because they're a bit different, and think that half the country supports them (ie: the recent attack on the halal butchers, where someone could have died)

This is coming from the same paper, that has added fuel to the fire for actual fanatics

http://newsthump.com/2016/06/17/daily-mail-trying-hard-to-avoid-saying-thomas-mair-agreed-with-everything-they-write/
(Yes I'm aware that's satire)This is the same paper that called Mo Farah a "plastic Brit" Actually I'll let Medhi Hasan explain this:

[video="youtube;73ZCrDtAC7A"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73ZCrDtAC7A[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Did… the Daily Mail… get permission for this…? Do they have to…?

@Captain Jack this might surprise you a little bit if you don't know about it… :lol:

Such crap journalism. HELLO I have to EMPHASISE my points with CAPITALS to suit our READERS.
At any rate… lol.
Exposing the stupidity of the students, good job Daily Mail.
Reply 5
lol
It is great to see one of our fine newspapers engaging in such cutting edge investigative journalism.
Well at least we know what the real world truely thinks of us TSRians :emo::

Screen Shot 2016-06-30 at 00.52.43.png
Original post by Quantex
It is great to see one of our fine newspapers engaging in such cutting edge investigative journalism.

Riiiiight?! You get it. :five:
Ahahah the comments on that article.
:lol:

I voted to remain (like many of us on here), but I don't think there's any point in getting upset about it tbh. What's done is done and we have to move on.

A brexit vote was always going to lead to a period of economic uncertainty, but I think people should now try be optimistic of a positive outcome. After all, as one of the world's leading economies, we're ready to face this mild turbulence from a position of strength.

A lot will depend on the next Tory government and how they set about negotiating our withdrawal.
Reply 11
It should have been made clear that not all TSR users are as moronic as those featured in the article.
Reply 12
Original post by That Arab Guy
Lol.

I got cancer after reading the daily heil

[video="youtube;q3chJN9DCGg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3chJN9DCGg[/video]

Oh and if any one wants to vent, here's his twitter

https://twitter.com/HugoGye
(edited 7 years ago)
So where is this thread? I done a search for it and the forum search thing crashed.
They're probably just pissed off because they generally aren't regarded as a valid source to cite on here.:smile:
Also, just a quick one. That article cites our members and we like to promote healthy debate… that means no ad-homs towards them, guys. Let's keep it clean. :tongue:
Original post by iEthan
Did… the Daily Mail… get permission for this…? Do they have to…?

@Captain Jack this might surprise you a little bit if you don't know about it… :lol:

Such crap journalism. HELLO I have to EMPHASISE my points with CAPITALS to suit our READERS.
At any rate… lol.

I think that READERS is a strong word for those who purchase the Daily Mail. I always imagine that they just look at the pictures while saying 'immigants...immigants taking our jobs...immigants' - you get my drift.
Original post by Desi123

How do I reply to this :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by Laomedeia
So where is this thread? I done a search for it and the forum search thing crashed.

Not sure if it's against forum rules to link it lol (@Captain Jack ?) :innocent:

Quick Reply

Latest