The Student Room Group

Best universities for magic circle law firms

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
2016-04-01 00.27.39.png

Here is another one. As mentioned, schools such as Nottingham,Leeds,Manchester, and UCL have a higher ranking than they should, simply because their law departments are so much larger than the others.*
Reply 21
2016-04-01 00.27.39.png

* Here is another one. As mentioned, schools such as Nottingham,Leeds,Manchester, and UCL have a higher ranking than they should, simply because their law departments are so much larger than the others.
Hi guys,
I have seen Kingston uni has been mentioned here. Here's the link to the Kingston law school website :smile:
http://law.kingston.ac.uk/

Emily
Student ambassador
Reply 23
Hi, I'm thinking of studying law at SOAS. I wanted to know if it's good then why is it so low in ranking ?
Original post by tb2607
Hi, I'm thinking of studying law at SOAS. I wanted to know if it's good then why is it so low in ranking ?

The London aspect helps, but it's very average if we're being honest.

Surprised their requirements are A*AA - no one would apply to go there with those grades considering they can go to much better schools with similar. They're just a bang average uni.
Original post by Arisapo
The London aspect helps, but it's very average if we're being honest.

Surprised their requirements are A*AA - no one would apply to go there with those grades considering they can go to much better schools with similar. They're just a bang average uni.

THEIR REQUIREMENTS are A*AA?!! Since when????
Original post by Euphoria101
THEIR REQUIREMENTS are A*AA?!! Since when????

They ask for A*AA-AAB, and 37 in the IB.

I'd be very surprised if they actually offer anyone A*AA in fairness as I doubt they can compete with the likes of UCL, KCL etc that will have the same requirements.

They must have shot up.
Original post by Arisapo
They ask for A*AA-AAB, and 37 in the IB.

I'd be very surprised if they actually offer anyone A*AA in fairness as I doubt they can compete with the likes of UCL, KCL etc that will have the same requirements.

They must have shot up.

Damn, I genuinely thought they required ABB...
Original post by Euphoria101
Damn, I genuinely thought they required ABB...

I can't imagine they ask many for A*AA, as they're trying to seem more prestigious, while simultaneously shooting themselves in the foot.

I mean, who would choose to go to SOAS over UCL?
Original post by Lord Hoffman
With a 1:1 from Northumbria? I don't think someone who thinks "1:1" is a thing should be listened to too intently. The idea that ULaw, BPP, or SOAS have any advantage over York or Exeter is quite nonsensical and the stats back that up.

He blew his credibility when he put ULaw and BPP in the same bracket as UCL/LSE/Kings
Reply 30
Original post by InvestmentBankin
Stop selling false vision to people.

If he or she REALLY wants to go for the magic circle - which is insanely competitive (and I say this as an Oxford graduate) - one needs first class education and first class results.

7 years on, Do u agree with what u said?
So much misinformation on this thread. Top law firms hire the best people, regardless of university. It just so happens that the best universities have a high proportion of the best candidates, hence they generate a large number of training contracts. For reference, I trained at Magic Circle, worked at US White Shoe and I am now a partner at an international law firm, involved in interviews for training contracts. Once in the interview room, your university is completely irrelevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending