The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Has anyone who applied for this role received any response? I believe we were asked to complete a competency question based on making effective decisions, this was followed by an online situational judgment test.

Scroll to see replies

There are already three or four threads for these type of jobs. Most of your answers will be on there.*

Someone needs amalgamate all these threads. *
Reply 2
I emailed last week and they said candidates are being reviewed and we should know if we're successful by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!
Original post by Mega0448
There are already three or four threads for these type of jobs. Most of your answers will be on there.*

Someone needs amalgamate all these threads. *

I did look through the other threads, but my main intention was to keep up-to-date with this current campaign. People commenting from different caimpaigns on one thread can become confusing. As some people will be receiving offers and other just at the application stage. As is unfortunately the case with tsp thread.
I applied for this too, passed the sift test (1st time - i've taken it twice before!) it says their reviewing my application. I imagine there was quiet a high volume of applicants. Fingers crossed we hear soon.
Original post by sarahj9
I emailed last week and they said candidates are being reviewed and we should know if we're successful by the end of this week. Fingers crossed!

Tomorrow is the deadline for there response, however im starting to think they won't keep there word
just got an email from them, they have now changed handing out results to mid next week.
Reply 7
Did you approach them first? Just wondering as I haven't received any email correspondence since I submitted the online test.
Reply 8
I haven't received anything today either. This waiting is awful!
Original post by Shalin1
Did you approach them first? Just wondering as I haven't received any email correspondence since I submitted the online test.

yes, i emailed them using the email provide on the job advert
I've hear nothing either - been checking my email all day :-/ Thanks for the updates! I will force myself not to check
until mid-week :-)
Reply 11
Having applied in the previous two campaigns, don't expect anything within normal or stated timescales. Get used to lots of waiting haha.
Reply 12
This makes me feel a lot better, I emailed them a couple weeks ago and they replied if i was successful I would hear by the end of this week. Ended up hearing nothing, but if you guys are in the same boat then I'll not write it off just yet!
Reply 13
From the other threads it looks like the dates for hearing something always get put back, so it can take months to hear if you've got an interview, then months to hear if you're successful.... or not !!
Other Civil Service seem more organised so I won't be putting my life on hold and will accept the first offer. HMRC's loss is someone else's gain is how I see it :-)
I got my results .... unsuccessful.
Reply 15
Original post by Filedundermisc
I got my results .... unsuccessful.

Keep plugging away when vacancies arrive, experience counts for a lot I feel in these sorts of things. I still haven't heard a thing 😣
I got unsuccessful. I scored 2 this time around. Better than last time as I scored 1. Never got proper feedback this time which is disappointing!*
Reply 17
The guidance around providing feedback on the sift has changed unfortunately. Feedback will no longer be provided unless you reach the interview stage.

Personally I think this is a backwards step as you then have no way of knowing what/how to improve
Original post by rebecca_:)
I got unsuccessful. I scored 2 this time around. Better than last time as I scored 1. Never got proper feedback this time which is disappointing!*

Same score :-(
Original post by Filedundermisc
Same score :-(

i think something is up with this as i also scored 2. passed the last time and got 92% on this test.... i have emailed them as i think a mistake may have been made.

Quick Reply

Latest