The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rebecca_:)
Deluded 🙄

My MP did say that whilst Ministers cannot intervene in the recruitment exercises or individual cases it would be possible to apply the break on Formal offers that have been issued and rescind them until the matter and possible corruption is investigated. One way or another this state of affairs cannot continue.
He's obviously a troll, and even if he isn't I just suggest you don't get dragged into his theories which all seem based in the latest fictions from Truthers or something of that ilk! His alternative facts are very jumbled and plucked from all types of 'experts' without the least shred of any evidence.

Amusing entertainment, but there's enough negativity out there without feeding his particular energy!

Anyway - things finally seem to be moving for many, my nervous energy and desperation are at an all time high, the bailiffs are at my door and my kids need new shoes.......if I haven't heard by the 28th I'm deleting all reference of HMRC from my life and moving on :wink: !! Peace & kindness folks, pmsl!!!!
Hey! Just wondering is anybody starting in Belfast on the 27th March? Feeling a little nervous!
Original post by Belfast89
Hey! Just wondering is anybody starting in Belfast on the 27th March? Feeling a little nervous!

There's a few on here starting then from what I gather.

I wouldn't be nervous - just go in and take it as it comes. Everyone there will have had a first day and will know what it's like so I don't think anyone will be going hard on you
Reply 584
Original post by Jamz115
Omg ... nervous ... I've heard it all now. Just be thankful you have a Formal Offer. Many are still waiting and probably won't get one!

Sounds like you're abit sour. I understand a lot of people are waiting to hear back with a formal offer (me included) but seriously give it a rest. This forum doesn't need negativity and really doesn't need conspiracy theories either. Just be happy and maybe with abit of patience you'll get yours too. I can't imagine you having a go if you get a formal offer!!
Original post by Riz101
Sounds like you're abit sour. I understand a lot of people are waiting to hear back with a formal offer (me included) but seriously give it a rest. This forum doesn't need negativity and really doesn't need conspiracy theories either. Just be happy and maybe with abit of patience you'll get yours too. I can't imagine you having a go if you get a formal offer!!

Sourness doesn't come into it but people moaning and yapping when their situation has been resolved is a joke.
Original post by Jamz115
Omg ... nervous ... I've heard it all now. Just be thankful you have a Formal Offer. Many are still waiting and probably won't get one!

You are very bitter. You could have held this thought to yourself but no its all about you & how you've not got an offer. You're taking the shine off the fact that this person has got an offer and has every right to be nervous starting his first day in a new job.

Out of interest, when (when not if) as everyone whose passed checks will be getting an offer; are you even going to accept it?

Why not look for a different career?
You are very bitter. You could have held this thought to yourself but no its all about you & how you've not got an offer. You're taking the shine off the fact that this person has got an offer and has every right to be nervous starting his first day in a new job.

Well it's not up to you to pass judgement or remarks about what I choose to do or don't do I'm simply making a point that people who have their situation result should celebrate that fact and not cause people here further distress who are still waiting

Out of interest, when (when not if) as everyone whose passed checks will be getting an offer; are you even going to accept it?

Why not look for a different career?

Well it's not up to you to pass judgement or remarks about what I choose to do or don't do I'm simply making a point that people who have their situation result should celebrate that fact and not cause people here further distress who are still waiting
I'm not too far behind you on interview scores Jamz but you have every right to be nervous considering you got 444 in your interview. Borderline case for definite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by HammerThyme
There's a few on here starting then from what I gather.

I wouldn't be nervous - just go in and take it as it comes. Everyone there will have had a first day and will know what it's like so I don't think anyone will be going hard on you

Thanks Hammar Thyme. Complete change in career so just feeling apprehensive/not sure what to expect
Original post by Jamz115

Jamz...judging from your comments you are very bitter and obviously not handling it well. Waiting this long you are entitled to feel frustrated. However, after two previous failed attempts and a 9 month wait where I turned down two job offers in my current field (medical) I am entitled to be relieved I got a formal offer. I'm also allowed to be nervous going to work in a new environment with new people. Anyway...I hope you hear soon and that it finally makes you happy...but somehow I find that doubtful
Original post by SMK2016
I'm not too far behind you on interview scores Jamz but you have every right to be nervous considering you got 444 in your interview. Borderline case for definite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't my scores. Scores are irrelevant from what we can gather in a number of cases where " batches are plucked at random" This is where I want to know what goes on. That was what was communicated to me. The merit list goes out the window after Provisional Offer stage and batches are " allocated randomly " So how does this random allocation come about? Word of mouth? You scratch my back I'll scratch your back ? ... we don't know because they won't elaborate but the fact is they are using different barometers than what they were originally.
Original post by Jamz115
That wasn't my scores. Scores are irrelevant from what we can gather in a number of cases where " batches are plucked at random" This is where I want to know what goes on. That was what was communicated to me. The merit list goes out the window after Provisional Offer stage and batches are " allocated randomly " So how does this random allocation come about? Word of mouth? You scratch my back I'll scratch your back ? ... we don't know because they won't elaborate but the fact is they are using different barometers than what they were originally.

Everyone who was on the reserve list for the 2066/15 campaign got offered the job in August 2016 as they have enough jobs for everyone. If they hadn't of had enough jobs; then it would have went in merit order. And people with the lower scores remaining on the reserve list. But they've got enough money to hire everyone on the reserve list so the have offered it to everyone.

When it comes to making a formal offer, the people who have passed their checks will get the offer first, in merit order of whose passed their checks. So in October 16 when the first batch of formal offers went out, even though I had higher scores. My checks weren't passed. So I missed the start date for Nov/Dec
Everyone who was on the reserve list for the 2066/15 campaign got offered the job in August 2016 as they have enough jobs for everyone. If they hadn't of had enough jobs; then it would have went in merit order. And people with the lower scores remaining on the reserve list. But they've got enough money to hire everyone on the reserve list so the have offered it to everyone.

When it comes to making a formal offer, the people who have passed their checks will get the offer first, in merit order of whose passed their checks. So in October 16 when the first batch of formal offers went out, even though I had higher scores. My checks weren't passed. So I missed the start date for Nov/Dec

Firstly Rebecca I hope you retracted your earlier smear on another thread. Secondly, again I have to stress in Govt speak ... "having enough money " to make Provisional offers is a completely different thing to " having enough money " to make Formal offers. Why? For different reasons .... depts are regularly asked to make efficiencies, they overspend and quite often need to make up money for the same ineptitude that has led to this situation occurring in the first place so that's why in those circumstances where efficiencies need to be found .. outstanding commitments to make Provisional Offers Formal Offers would be the
1st thing to be culled. It's not pessimism - its realism. That's why I have stressed the importance of these campaigns being conducted in a fair manner.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why are any of you even engaging with Jamz.......you can see he is thriving on the arguments & replies......just completely ignore him - that's the best response you could give a troll which he undoubtedly is, lol!!!!
Original post by Bottle5
Why are any of you even engaging with Jamz.......you can see he is thriving on the arguments & replies......just completely ignore him - that's the best response you could give a troll which he undoubtedly is, lol!!!!

Antone got a start date for Birmingham?
Reply 596
Kinda hoped to see something today! Time is ticking....
I rang for an update this morning (as they'd not replied to my email last week). I basically cross-examined the guy lol who couldn't really tell me anything only what's been said on another thread: "No roles available at the moment until further notice". They received this information a couple of days ago and the five locations affected are Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool and Stratford.

He couldn't say: why there are no roles, when there'd be roles available, why provisional offers were made with insufficient roles, why there are numerous concurrent campaigns, when there'd be further information available, why others with lower scores appear to have received formal offers first when they've "been told it's definitely done on merit order" (if this is the case you should email in and ask the question), whether the provisional offers could be rescinded, how many people with provisional offers are affected.

Really disappointing but not giving up hope!
Reply 598
I can't help read this in despair :-( I had an awful feeling this might happen. I am not wanting to be posted in the locations mentioned above but I can imagine come 1St April I still won't have a formal offer. It grates on me like it will you all, as I still see similar vacs going on cs regularly. How do they think they can run more campaigns whilst they have us sat here waiting?
A girl from my team has recently been given a formal offer from an Oct campaign. I hate to sound like my five year old, but "its not fair!" how can this be OK?
Original post by dagoro1
I rang for an update this morning (as they'd not replied to my email last week). I basically cross-examined the guy lol who couldn't really tell me anything only what's been said on another thread: "No roles available at the moment until further notice". They received this information a couple of days ago and the five locations affected are Belfast, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool and Stratford.

He couldn't say: why there are no roles, when there'd be roles available, why provisional offers were made with insufficient roles, why there are numerous concurrent campaigns, when there'd be further information available, why others with lower scores appear to have received formal offers first when they've "been told it's definitely done on merit order" (if this is the case you should email in and ask the question), whether the provisional offers could be rescinded, how many people with provisional offers are affected.

Really disappointing but not giving up hope!

Wat is the phone number?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending