The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamz115
I get it I think ... caseworkers basically aren't managers so won't have any staff under them regardless what Grade they are ... I think ?

EO is Executive Office.

This is the junior management grade, so you will have some responsibility and are above AA (Administration Assistants - the bottom of the rung) and AO (Administrative Officers - which are between AA and EO)
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 701
Original post by Jamz115
So do Os in HMRC have little or no responsibility? Or is it just HOs?

Everyone as a caseworker has responsibilty in their job, but they won't me managing staff as a caseworker.

Original post by Jamz115
I get it I think ... caseworkers basically aren't managers so won't have any staff under them regardless what Grade they are ... I think ?

Correct. A caseworker is not a manager, though managers are also caseworkers.

You can have grade 7 caseworkers who don't manage staff.
Reply 702
I cant say I understand but thank you all very much for the info
I had my interview at Croydon two days ago. It seems there are lots of people applying. Another candidate said it will up to three months before we hear if we're successful and that start dates will have to fit in with training batches.
Original post by sheianke
I had my interview at Croydon two days ago. It seems there are lots of people applying. Another candidate said it will up to three months before we hear if we're successful and that start dates will have to fit in with training batches.

I wouldn't worry about that. With the 2 strikes and your out policy there's places that would naturally be available all the time
Original post by Jamz115
I wouldn't worry about that. With the 2 strikes and your out policy there's places that would naturally be available all the time

Have you not been warned on this and other threads to stop scaremongering when you don't have a clue what you're talking about?
Original post by theduffman82
Have you not been warned on this and other threads to stop scaremongering when you don't have a clue what you're talking about?

Jamz is attention seeking. I would just ignore him/her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending