The Student Room Group

Unsure over a level options help

Going to start a levels next year but I don't know what a levels to do for definite
I am torn between biology and history
The a levels I am sure of are politics and economy and possibly maths however I don't know whether to do biology or history
People have said there's no point in taking one science as it is useless and history suits my other options more
Is it good to have a range of a science math and humanities or is it better to go for history
Help please thank you
Which suject do you enjoy the most? Do you know what you plan to do for a degree? History would definitely be the better option if you are thinking of taking an economics, politics or history degree. However, biology would widen your options. One science isn't useless, but I would say that an A level biology won't prepare you for most scientific careers such as medicine. It does show you have a wide range of skills though. I think both options would work well for you, and -as difficult as it is- the decision will have to be yours and based mainly on which subject you can least cope with giving up. I was struggling between geography and english literature, but eventually chose geography because I thought the workload would be easier, as the other subjects I'm taking will use up a lot of my time. This could be something to consider. Also think about which GCSE you are doing better in.
Sorry I couldn't be of more help
Nooglepop :-)

Quick Reply

Latest