The Student Room Group

The "Is this university/course good enough for banking/consultancy?" thread [part 2]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by verier
Is MBA Warwick any good for front office IB?

no

recruiting is from INSEAD, LBS and IESE for the most part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
no

Posted from TSR Mobile

warwick has one of the leading business schools in Europe. Its very good for IB.
Original post by Hello1236969
warwick has one of the leading business schools in Europe. Its very good for IB.

not at the mba level
no

Posted from TSR Mobile

what about for consulting? ik the aforementioned schools are enough but are there others esp in the UK? Oxbridge perhaps?
Original post by ozilll
what about for consulting? ik the aforementioned schools are enough but are there others esp in the UK? Oxbridge perhaps?

consulting has a broader net than banking at the MBA level so places like Judge, Saïd, HEC, Bocconi etc show up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is Warwick really a target Uni? It only seems to have high entry requirements for maths, engineering, economics and business related courses. Would a degree in biology from warwick still be good for banking?
Original post by morc13
Is Warwick really a target Uni? It only seems to have high entry requirements for maths, engineering, economics and business related courses. Would a degree in biology from warwick still be good for banking?
Entry requirements are irrelevant.
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Entry requirements are irrelevant.

Okay, but I'm just saying that in many fields Warwick is not seen as a particularly prestigious university. It's not like Oxbridge, imperial, LSE that are world class for all their subjects.
Original post by morc13
Okay, but I'm just saying that in many fields Warwick is not seen as a particularly prestigious university. It's not like Oxbridge, imperial, LSE that are world class for all their subjects.

Still irrelevant. Banking isn't academia.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still irrelevant

Posted from TSR Mobile

Society works in strange ways
Original post by morc13
Society works in strange ways

What’s this got to do with society 😂😂
banks believe that the targeted unis including warwick, prepare you enough to a standard that they want. Its about a range of skills you develop at these top unis not just your course.

thats why everyone says think about uni brand first, then course
Hey is Erasmus School of Economics(bachelor) a target university if I want a job in London?
Reply 593
Can anyone tell me what they think of the University of Strathclyde at the Strathclyde Business School for the MSc Finance?

It was recently ranked 1st for Accountancy and Finance for 2019 by the complete uni guide, Business school of the year 2016 by Times Higher education and is triple accredited.

If not London? how would Strath look for a banking job somewhere like Edinburgh? especially companies who operate there like Blackrock, Aberdeen Standard, Martin Currie and EDF energy trading, Baillie Gifford etc...?
(edited 5 years ago)
Is the University of Birmingham a semi/target?
Lol
Original post by TheAce09
Is the University of Birmingham a semi/target?

Good non target. Seen people going into BO/MO and few in FO or transitioning from MO to FO.
Original post by xtrembob
Good non target. Seen people going into BO/MO and few in FO or transitioning from MO to FO.

yep, correctomundo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would Manchester University still be considered a target ? I'm 17 and will improve my Cv over the year and I Currently have Work Experience at Barclays , Bank of England and AIG
Got into Uni of Exeter for BSc Economics and Politics, grades weren't as incredible as I had hoped (although I'm buzzing I got into my dream uni), am I right in still thinking emphasis is placed on Uni name, experience, extra curric. I'll be joining the Business and Finance Soc and Lacrosse club at Exe and hope to land a first year internship/spring week
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending