The Student Room Group

Did she ask for my number?

So there's a girl I like, and I have a feeling it might be reciprocal. One morning we were chatting, and she mentioned having to sell some raffle tickets for her hockey team. I offered to buy one, but didn't have any cash. Later that day I messaged her on facebook to say I transferred her the money for one, and she responded: "Thanks!! I got a ticket for you, but put my number on it since I don't know yours." Was that a hint that I should give her my number, or am I reading into it too much???

Thanks in advance for the help! I'm clueless in such matters, and don't want to make a move unless there's a good chance she's interested. We work together, so it could become awkward.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Bobtheslob
So there's a girl I like, and I have a feeling it might be reciprocal. One morning we were shooting the breeze, and she mentioned having to sell some raffle tickets for her hockey team. I offered to buy one, but didn't have any cash. Later that day I messaged her on facebook to say I transferred her the money for one, and she responded: "Thanks!! I got a ticket for you, but put my number on it since I don't know yours." Was that a hint that I should give her my number, or am I reading into it too much???

Thanks in advance for the help! I'm clueless in such matters, and don't want to make a move unless there's a good chance she's interested. We work together, so it could become awkward.

You're reading in to it too much. She obviously had to put some sort of contact details on the ticket..
Reply 2
Original post by richpanda
You're reading in to it too much. She obviously had to put some sort of contact details on the ticket..

Thanks. Yeah, I feel ya. She'd need to put contact details down, but I thought maybe she didn't need to point it out - she could just put her details and not say anything. Probably overthinking it though!
(edited 7 years ago)
Ask for her number anyway, say that you prefer using whatsapp instead of facebook. Even friends exchange numbers so its no big deal.
Reply 4
Probably wishful thinking. But certainly she is being friendly. Flirt a bit and ask her out.
Reply 5
Thanks champs! Regrettably I'm too wimpy to ask her out without knowing how she'll respond. We're hanging out this weekend though (not one-on-one). I'll try a little light flirting and ask for her number if the opportunity arises.
Original post by Bobtheslob
So there's a girl I like, and I have a feeling it might be reciprocal. One morning we were chatting, and she mentioned having to sell some raffle tickets for her hockey team. I offered to buy one, but didn't have any cash. Later that day I messaged her on facebook to say I transferred her the money for one, and she responded: "Thanks!! I got a ticket for you, but put my number on it since I don't know yours." Was that a hint that I should give her my number, or am I reading into it too much???

ask for her number it the alpha way to do things
(I'm an omega so I don't need to ask I just get)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending