The Student Room Group

Clearing and offers ?

I'm a bit confused. If you apply to a university and then you get a conditional offer from them and you meet those conditions, does it then turn automatically into an unconditional offer?

If you apply to university and get a conditional offer but you didn't meet those conditions, then do you have to thorough clearing to try and get into the course you applied to originally? In what circumstances would you have to go through clearing?

Also can you just apply through UCAS to one university and NOT have to any more such as an insurance option?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by moon4
I'm a bit confused. If you apply to a university and then you get a conditional offer from them and you meet those conditions, does it then turn automatically into an unconditional offer?

Also can you just apply through UCAS to one university and NOT have to any more such as an insurance option?

Yes and yes.
Original post by moon4

If you apply to university and get a conditional offer but you didn't meet those conditions, then do you have to thorough clearing to try and get into the course you applied to originally? In what circumstances would you have to go through clearing?

1. Yes

2. No, then university will either (a) take you with the missed grades, or (b) you'll go to your insurance, or (c) you can go through Clearing and apply to different universities (not the same course at the same uni - you've already been rejected from there)

3. Yes

4. Clearing is used by those who have no offers from universities, usually because they received five rejections, missed their offers, changed their mind and rejected their offers or applied very late in the cycle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending