The Student Room Group

Clearing offer

Do universities give alternative offers for clearing? because I applied for BSc Physiotherapy in clearing, I went in for the interview, after the interview I got an email saying I got an offer but it was for BSc Public Health which I did not apply for.
Original post by Yoman224
Do universities give alternative offers for clearing? because I applied for BSc Physiotherapy in clearing, I went in for the interview, after the interview I got an email saying I got an offer but it was for BSc Public Health which I did not apply for.

It could be an error. Call tomorrow and clarify.
Reply 2

Course switches like this are quite common - its 'kinder' than just saying No, and as its possible that you might accept the offer for the other course, its a way for potentially filling another course. If you dont want it, just decline it and go into Clearing next Thursday.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
Course switches like this are quite common - its 'kinder' than just saying No, and as its possible that you might accept the offer for the other course, its a way for potentially filling another course. If you dont want it, just decline it and go into Clearing next Thursday.

I am already in clearing, I applied for the course in clearing, and from what I heard universities don’t give alternative offers for clearing.
I am already in clearing, I applied for the course in clearing, and from what I heard universities don’t give alternative offers for clearing.

Yes they do.

If you don’t believe us you can ring and ask them in the morning.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Yes they do.

If you don’t believe us you can ring and ask them in the morning.

But, I’m confused, if I didn’t get into my clearing choice (BSc Physiotherapy) wouldn’t they tell me and wouldn’t they say in the offer email that this is an alternative course that they are offering me??
But, I’m confused, if I didn’t get into my clearing choice (BSc Physiotherapy) wouldn’t they tell me and wouldn’t they say in the offer email that this is an alternative course that they are offering me??

That depends on how their systems are set up.

Clearing offer emails are usually sent out through a system that auto generates the content. They aren’t hand typed individually.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
That depends on how their systems are set up.

Clearing offer emails are usually sent out through a system that auto generates the content. They aren’t hand typed individually.

Oh, okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending