Scroll to see replies

Original post by Amnotsure
Guys can u tell me what the English language paper 2 extract was about

for AQA it was Glastonbury festival and Greenwich fair

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ????????????????

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you find it? What was the descriptive piece about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ????????????????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean English language paper 1 aqa 2016
Reply 1783
Original post by Taran001
I have heard that the A Level changes for our year isnt too different do you agree?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/timeline-of-changes-to-gcses-as-and-a-levels/changes-to-gcses-as-and-a-levels-that-will-affect-each-current-school-year-group#year-11

A Levels are getting reformed which will result in linear exams which we'll sit in Year 13. It will also get harder as well if you look at the specification.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/timeline-of-changes-to-gcses-as-and-a-levels/changes-to-gcses-as-and-a-levels-that-will-affect-each-current-school-year-group#year-11

A Levels are getting reformed which will result in linear exams which we'll sit in Year 13. It will also get harder as well if you look at the specification.

On an Open Day, the maths teacher told me that the Maths is pretty much the same with a few tweaks. This is so Annoying!
Reply 1785
On an Open Day, the maths teacher told me that the Maths is pretty much the same with a few tweaks. This is so Annoying!

Not sure myself but like with the new GCSE Spec, there will be 3 papers according to the draft spec from Edexcel.
Not sure myself but like with the new GCSE Spec, there will be 3 papers according to the draft spec from Edexcel.

I do Maths OCR at GCSE but my sixth form college is doing edexcel i have seen the papers and they do look quite similar it terms of difficulty to the old spec
Reply 1787
I do Maths OCR at GCSE but my sixth form college is doing edexcel i have seen the papers and they do look quite similar it terms of difficulty to the old spec

Ok, I'm not too sure myself even having looked at the draft specification. What subjects are you doing for A Level/BTEC (whatever applies)?
Ok, I'm not too sure myself even having looked at the draft specification. What subjects are you doing for A Level/BTEC (whatever applies)?

Maths
Physics
Economics

Was gonna do 4 but then found it it is linear so im choosing 3
Reply 1789
Maths
Physics
Economics

Was gonna do 4 but then found it it is linear so im choosing 3

You could do EPQ as a fourth which gives you extra UCAS points but that's just a suggestion :biggrin:.

I'm thinking of doing the following:
Govt & Politics
History
French/Economics
EPQ
You could do EPQ as a fourth which gives you extra UCAS points but that's just a suggestion :biggrin:.

Govt & Politics
History
French/Economics
EPQ

What are UCAS points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
How did you find it? What was the descriptive piece about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was alright, the 40 mark question was about whether fairs should be banned or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
B1 - 6 marker was on healthy diet
C1 - 6 marker was something about converting cars to hydrogen instead of petrol/diesel afaik
P1 - Can't remember

P1 was about comparing 2 renewable sources of energy.

Govt & Politics
History
French/Economics
EPQ

Sixth form doesn't offer EPQ unfortunately which sixth form are you going to?
I'm going to https://kecnuneaton.ac.uk
i hope to go to eton, I have my interview soon
Reply 1796
Sixth form doesn't offer EPQ unfortunately which sixth form are you going to?
I'm going to https://kecnuneaton.ac.uk

I'm from London lol
I'm from London lol

Oh Aha
Anyone remember what was in Maths paper 3 by any chance, I didn't do too well on paper 2 tbh
Reply 1799
Original post by BigRigButters
Anyone remember what was in Maths paper 3 by any chance, I didn't do too well on paper 2 tbh

Not really but Composite Functions and I think Simultaneous Equations ... @Lemur14

Latest