Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanvisingh99
Ahhh that's crazy! What's your offer, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

AAB which isn't too bad.. I was more worried about actually being considered as opposed to getting the grades aha. What are you applying for?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by lawwannaB
AAB which isn't too bad.. I was more worried about actually being considered as opposed to getting the grades aha. What are you applying for?

Haha same here! I've applied for Anthropology (which is pretty much the same as sociology)
Original post by mehokay
I sent off my UCAS on 3rd October.
I'm applying for law with
AS: AAAD (the D was in chemistry and I hated it) .
Predicted grades: A*A*A*

I completed my LNAT about 2 weeks ago so my score should be getting sent off today. However I remember reading that Durham wait for ALL the applications to come in before they start handing out offers, so I suppose we'll all be finding out sometime next year if we got in or not.

I applied to Josephine Butler college, purely because it was one of the only colleges that was fully self catered.

Same course and college. Good luck!

Haha yes just more cultural based! Was thinking about applying for joint honours in tthat but I haven't studied it at A level so I didn't think it was a good idea!

When did you send off your UCAS? Where else have you applied?
Haha yes just more cultural based! Was thinking about applying for joint honours in tthat but I haven't studied it at A level so I didn't think it was a good idea!

When did you send off your UCAS? Where else have you applied?

I sent mine off last Friday! I've applied to Exeter and Southampton to do joint honours in anthropology and sociology, and then Sussex, Manchester, and Durham (obviously) for straight Anth.
What about you?
I sent mine off last Friday! I've applied to Exeter and Southampton to do joint honours in anthropology and sociology, and then Sussex, Manchester, and Durham (obviously) for straight Anth.
What about you?

Omg yes to Manchester! So I've applied to Bristol/Manc for Sociology with Quantitative Methods and then straight Sociology at Bath, Durham and LSE!

What are you predicted if you don't mind me asking?
Just had my offer come through for Sociology and I'm so happy! Anyone else had an offer for Sociology?

****ing hell mate, congrats!!!
Omg yes to Manchester! So I've applied to Bristol/Manc for Sociology with Quantitative Methods and then straight Sociology at Bath, Durham and LSE!

What are you predicted if you don't mind me asking?

Ooh nice! I'm predicted A*A*A which I am totally not going to be able to achieve 😂 what about you? 😊
Thank you!
Ooh nice! I'm predicted A*A*A which I am totally not going to be able to achieve 😂 what about you? 😊

Omg LOL me too 😂
(edited 7 years ago)
Got an email from Durham today asking for my maths module ums 😬 Any other maths applicants get the same? If so what are your ums scores and are you taking STEP/TMUA?
Original post by _wsburn
AS: AAAb (Maths,Chem,Bio and then I'm dropping Phys)
GCSEs: 9A*s and 2As
Subject: MBiol Biosciences
College: St Chads

Hi, I'm applying for Biological Sciences at St Chad's as well! Good luck! :h: Which other unis have you applied to?
Reply 193
Original post by laurajn1999
Got an email from Durham today asking for my maths module ums 😬 Any other maths applicants get the same? If so what are your ums scores and are you taking STEP/TMUA?

Hey I got that too mine are C1:100 C2:97 C3:93 C4:98 M1:87 and S1:84 and I'm taking TMUA but not STEp, what about your ums and is durham your first choice?
Original post by Phob
GCSEs: 8A*'s and 4A's
As Levels: A in maths (only non-linear)
A2 Predictions: A*A*A (Bio, Chem, Maths) and A* for EPQ
Course: Biological Sciences
College: University
Other Unis: Cambridge, Edinburgh, York, Bristol (AAB offer from Bristol)
(I have already applied so now just waiting to see :biggrin: - kind of wish I went with St. Chad's :s-smilie:)

Hi, I've applied for Biological Sciences too but at St Chad's! Good luck! Where would be your first choice uni if you get an offer?
Original post by custardcream22
Applied for Biological Sciences, loved the department and Durham itself :h:

GCSE - 9A* 2A
AS - AAAA (but only 2 modular :frown:)
A2 - A*A*A & A in epq
College - Grey
Other unis - Oxford, Exeter, Sheffield, York

I've applied for Biological Sciences as well but at St Chad's! Which uni would be your first choice? :smile: I absolutely love Durham as well; hopefully we'll both get an offer!
(edited 7 years ago)
Just had my offer come through for Sociology and I'm so happy! Anyone else had an offer for Sociology?

No way!!!! Congrats :biggrin: you obviously had a very strong application :smile:
Original post by jamestg
No way!!!! Congrats :biggrin: you obviously had a very strong application :smile:

Thank you! I'm really happy tbf - this is my first offer so knowing that I have one of my offers I should exciting woo!
Subject: PPE
Grades: I got 2 As in the subjects I did AS exams in and am predicted 4A*s
College: I applied to St. Chad's because when I looked it up online that seemed the nicest:h: - I never visited...

Has anyone heard of PPE offers from Durham yet? I'm getting nervous that they have just thrown my application away!
Original post by prospectiveppe
Subject: PPE
Grades: I got 2 As in the subjects I did AS exams in and am predicted 4A*s
College: I applied to St. Chad's because when I looked it up online that seemed the nicest:h: - I never visited...

Has anyone heard of PPE offers from Durham yet? I'm getting nervous that they have just thrown my application away!

If they threw you away with 4A*s then I've got no chance!

Quick Reply

Latest