The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE=joodaa;68237104]Hey I got that too mine are C1:100 C2:97 C3:93 C4:98 M1:87 and S1:84 and I'm taking TMUA but not STEp, what about your ums and is durham your first choice?
Mine are C1:100 C2:98 S1:100 S2:95 M1:95 FP1:96. I'm taking TMUA and STEP. I've applied to Oxford so if I get an offer from there that will be my first choice (this is highly unlikely though 😂). So my firm will probably be Warwick or Durham (if I get an offer from Durham) but I plan to go and visit them before hand as I haven't seen either of them yet. What about you, is Durham your first choice?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 201
Original post by laurajn1999
Mine are C1:100 C2:98 S1:100 S2:95 M1:95 FP1:96. I'm taking TMUA and STEP. I've applied to Oxford so if I get an offer from there that will be my first choice (this is highly unlikely though 😂). So my firm will probably be Warwick or Durham (if I get an offer from Durham) but I plan to go and visit them before hand as I haven't seen either of them yet. What about you, is Durham your first choice?

Dayum that's some juicy UMS congrats. Yeahh I'm applying to oxford too but struggling with the MAT so will be very hard to get an offer there for me. Ah durham was really nice when I went to see it, if I don't get an oxford offer it will be my first choice I think
[QUOTE=joodaa;68238338]Dayum that's some juicy UMS congrats. Yeahh I'm applying to oxford too but struggling with the MAT so will be very hard to get an offer there for me. Ah durham was really nice when I went to see it, if I don't get an oxford offer it will be my first choice I think
Thanks! Yours are amazing too though let's be real. Yeah the MAT is what I'm struggling with too haha just know I'm going to bomb it on the day, but it's only one uni right? So I'm trying not to stress, at least the TMUA seems to look a little nicer. I've applied to university college for Durham and the queens college in oxford, what colleges have you applied to?
Original post by physicsperhaps
Subject: Economics and Geography (comb. social sciences)AS Grades: AAAAA (Maths, Geography, Physics, Psychology and General Studies)A2 Predicted: A*A*A* (Maths, Geography, Physics)
AS Predicted: Economics - A (doing it this year)
College: University college

anyone else? :smile:

I'm applying University College too! Have you sent off your application yet?
Reply 204
Original post by Starlight27
I've applied for Biological Sciences as well but at St Chad's! Which uni would be your first choice? :smile: I absolutely love Durham as well; hopefully we'll both get an offer!

I'm Biological Sciences too!!
University College, (Castle)
AS: AA (Others are Linear so exams all next year)
A Level Predictions: A*A*A* In (Biology, Maths, Geography)
(Doing Chemistry in my own time)

Have applied to Cambridge, Durham, York, Bath and Exeter!
Had offers from Bath and York so far!
Good luck to you both!
Reply 205
Original post by laurajn1999
Thanks! Yours are amazing too though let's be real. Yeah the MAT is what I'm struggling with too haha just know I'm going to bomb it on the day, but it's only one uni right? So I'm trying not to stress, at least the TMUA seems to look a little nicer. I've applied to university college for Durham and the queens college in oxford, what colleges have you applied to?

Ahah thanks too :biggrin: good luck with all those exams you'll probably smash it. I went for St johns at Durham and jesus college at oxford, though i've never visited oxford so have no idea if that was a good choice
I've applied for Chinese Studies at University College. Anybody else doing Chinese? XD
Reply 207
Original post by prospectiveppe
Subject: PPE
Grades: I got 2 As in the subjects I did AS exams in and am predicted 4A*s
College: I applied to St. Chad's because when I looked it up online that seemed the nicest:h: - I never visited...

Has anyone heard of PPE offers from Durham yet? I'm getting nervous that they have just thrown my application away!

I haven't heard anything back too. (Doing the IB right now and predicted 777 for all my HLs) I guess we'll just have to be patient. I went for University. St. Chad's is super nice. I guess when I came down to flipping the coin, it landed on University for me. Good luck!
Original post by nvo357
I haven't heard anything back too. (Doing the IB right now and predicted 777 for all my HLs) I guess we'll just have to be patient. I went for University. St. Chad's is super nice. I guess when I came down to flipping the coin, it landed on University for me. Good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too! I'm guessing you're also applying for PPE? Where else are you applying?
Hello!

I sent my UCAS application two weeks ago but haven't had any confirmation from Durham yet, should I be worried? I've applied for MChem at University College :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to let everyone know, there's a Durham applicants' chat group on facebook. PM me if you'd like to be added.
Slightly confused - From my knowledge, Durham said that they would wait for all applications to come in before they start handing out offers, but I hear that they've already started.

Can someone clarify the admissions process?
I applied 3 weeks ago and they acknowledged my application a week after that and I'm applying for Law.
Original post by mehokay
Slightly confused - From my knowledge, Durham said that they would wait for all applications to come in before they start handing out offers, but I hear that they've already started.

Can someone clarify the admissions process?
I applied 3 weeks ago and they acknowledged my application a week after that and I'm applying for Law.

For Law they normally wait. I haven't seen any for Law that weren't previously guaranteed offers by their summer school access programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess
For Law they normally wait. I haven't seen any for Law that weren't previously guaranteed offers by their summer school access programme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks, I was starting to get frustrated.
Are you a law applicant too?
Original post by mehokay
Oh thanks, I was starting to get frustrated.
Are you a law applicant too?

Yes :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 215
Original post by literaturista
Hey!
I got AABB( in order: english language, french, english literature and biology)
I'll be applying for english literature so wish me luck :wink:
And i'm not sure about the college tbf, probably St.John's :smile:

Hey! I'm applying for English Lit too:smile:
Original post by AlexBakSik
I've applied for Chinese Studies at University College. Anybody else doing Chinese? XD

Ahhh finally a Chinese studies applicant!! lol I applied to St Mary's college :smile:
Hi :smile:
I've applied for Durham, Trevelyan College.
Hoping to do Biomedical Science.
I took 1 AS in Eng, got a C :/
I didn't do AS's in my other subject but in my mocks I got CEB, retook and got ABA. (Bio, Chem, Hist)
Predicted AAA
Original post by bluemoon_
Ahhh finally a Chinese studies applicant!! lol I applied to St Mary's college :smile:

If cambridge doesn't accept me, durham will most likely be my first choice if the give me an offer. I applied for University College because of the castle! (I didn't visit.)
Original post by AlexBakSik
If cambridge doesn't accept me, durham will most likely be my first choice if the give me an offer. I applied for University College because of the castle! (I didn't visit.)

Yeah same (I applied to Oxford). I didn't visit Durham either but I was considering University College. What are your other choices?

Quick Reply

Latest