The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PJBPJB
so happy I'm not the only one!!! Is Durham your top choice?

Can't decide between Durham and Exeter - what about you?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Just got an offer for Philosophy and Politics.
Reply 1582
Daughter just go an offer for Politics and Philosophy from Durham and LSE within an hour of each other after applying almost five months ago.:smile:

Both AAA
Original post by Pen ruler
Are you doing the day visit or residential?

Residential on the 21st/22nd, wbu?
Original post by ultralightbeam
the entry requirements for finance are AAB and i am predicted A*A*A in maths, economics and chemistry respectively

the college i have applied to is josephine butler college

I'd say it's pretty likely you'll get accepted :smile: most people I'm aware of being offered a different course get accepted.

A lot of people are being reallocated to JB so you might be lucky!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 1585
I went yesterday when the talk was between 1:30 and 4:30 and we had various talks in that time, stuff like course outlines, sample lectures, q&a and stuff but it probably varies department to department
Original post by A_izab
Coming to one of the march offer holder days. Anyone know what it means if it says my subject talk is 10am-1pm? Will there be many talks between that time or will the time be released later or something like that?
Reply 1586
Original post by maria101xo
Can't decide between Durham and Exeter - what about you?

Ahhh if I get an offer from Durham it'll be my firm but Leeds is a close second for me! I've got an offer from Exeter but I haven't visited the uni Ian it good? Where else did you apply??
Original post by ultralightbeam
I have applied to Durham for economics but they say they are no longer considering me for economics but are considering me for finance. Do you think i'll be accepted for finance and will i will be reallocated college?

I think the finance course is at Queens Campus, Stockton On Tees, not Durham City, so you will be allocated to one of the 2 Colleges there.
Original post by Worriedmum46
Anyone got St Bedes/Hilds? Been allocated to me Did not see it on my visit day.

I've been allocated Hild Bede as well! although I also didn't see it on the visit day
Reply 1589
finally got my philosophy offer through!!
What subject are you applying for? History! :smile:

What college have you gone for? Josephine Butler
Does anybody know something about St. Aidan's college? I was allocated there and don't know anything about it, I originally applied for Castle. Any information would be appreciated :smile:
Is anyone still waiting on maths? :frown:
Here's a fun fact nobody asked for:
To all applying/being allocated to Hilde and Bede, did you know that during her time at Durham, Ed Sheeran's girlfriend aka Cherry Seaborn was from that college too? 🙃
Hi everyone, is anyone still waiting on PPE or law? I've applied for both for castle!
Original post by Serena2197
Hi everyone, is anyone still waiting on PPE or law? I've applied for both for castle!

Im waiting on law. Starting to expect a rejection tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michael_Fishy
Im waiting on law. Starting to expect a rejection tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was starting to think, I didn't do too well on my lnat so if it is I hope they get it over with quickly
Original post by Serena2197
That's what I was starting to think, I didn't do too well on my lnat so if it is I hope they get it over with quickly

Yeah same, I only got 24. It was enough to get me into KCL but I feel like Durham may be more stringent. Not that I really care, UCL or KCL will be my firm (if UCL ever manage to get back to me as well) So honestly I just want a response
Original post by Michael_Fishy
Yeah same, I only got 24. It was enough to get me into KCL but I feel like Durham may be more stringent. Not that I really care, UCL or KCL will be my firm (if UCL ever manage to get back to me as well) So honestly I just want a response

I only got 20 and have an offer. Not sure how much weight they put on it or if my essay made up for it but I think you have a good chance! It's three above the average after all :smile:
Is anyone else put off by how Durham responds?
It took them three weeks to send me a prospectus, and I still haven't received any confirmation of appliying, let alone an offer, and it's been nearly five months!
Also, I recently emailed them about a change in my application, and they replied with sonething along the lines of "we can't do anything about that, you should've told UCAS instead". Nothing to tell me whether they're okay with that, or any indication of when they'll actually reply.

It seems so inefficient compared to other unis, and actually cones across as a bit rude in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest