The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University 2017 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gunjanbhatt
Yh same :smile: you're the only other person I know of who's doing maths and Phil together - which college? I've been allocated Castle

I'm at St Aidans :smile: not sure of my course yet since it's so flexible, still might do maths and physics, but I can't wait
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi I have received an offer for the Primary ed course at Durham University. I have been assigned to Stephenson college, are John Snow College and Stephenson college taught together or separately for this course. I am confused, please could someone explain this.

Thank You
Anyone going to the Discover Durham tours this week? :smile:
Original post by thebelljar98
Anyone going to the Discover Durham tours this week? :smile:

Yes mate, booked in for Friday. In fact, if you're about on the Thursday night me and a couple of others are going for a nandos and a couple of drinks
I went today
Original post by Suprite
I went today

What did you think? :smile:
Still unsure whether to go to Durham or London. The university seems incredibly nice and friendly and the the whole collage aspect is cool too but I still don't know.
Original post by BradPennick
What did you think? :smile:

reply above
Original post by Suprite
Still unsure whether to go to Durham or London. The university seems incredibly nice and friendly and the the whole collage aspect is cool too but I still don't know.

Personally speaking i wouldn't fancy London because everything is so much more costly there. But I am biased towards Durham!
Original post by BradPennick
Personally speaking i wouldn't fancy London because everything is so much more costly there. But I am biased towards Durham!

Just feel like London would be way more fun than Durham. Also there's more independence in London and I only live 30ish miles away from Durham (I don't fancy being near home).
Original post by Suprite
Just feel like London would be way more fun than Durham. Also there's more independence in London and I only live 30ish miles away from Durham (I don't fancy being near home).

In contrast, I live about 30 miles from London and used to work in the city. The appeal of living in London would wear off relatively quickly, so don't let that swing things. At the end of the day, go to the best University for your degree :smile:
Original post by emilyjstaddon
Anymore St Mary's or science applicants that want to be added to chats? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes please! I hold an offer for NatSci, planning to take Chemistry and Earth Sciences.
Original post by Sara135742
Hi I have received an offer for the Primary ed course at Durham University. I have been assigned to Stephenson college, are John Snow College and Stephenson college taught together or separately for this course. I am confused, please could someone explain this.

Thank You

Everyone on the same course is taught together, whatever college they're allocated too.
I tried to join the offer holder chat but it just says "cancel join request". Do I need to ask someone to add me?
Original post by Suprite
I tried to join the offer holder chat but it just says "cancel join request". Do I need to ask someone to add me?

I also have the same message. Your request has been recorded by the system, so you don't need to do anything. However, judging from the dates when other members were added, it seems to me that an admin comes on every so often and adds anyone who has asked to join. I'm just going to wait and see what happens when. Hope this helps!
Student finance all done, does anyone now what happens with accommodation now? I feel like I'm missing something but I can't seem to find anything on it aha
Original post by tom tinker
Student finance all done, does anyone now what happens with accommodation now? I feel like I'm missing something but I can't seem to find anything on it aha

Accommodation gets sorted out after results day.
If I try and defer my application will it count as one of my five choices next year or can I add five additional choices plus the offers I have this year.
Original post by RebeccaHollins
Anyone going to Josephine Butler tomorrow to stay over? Really nervous.

Hope it went well! I loved the JB visit and have firmed Durham
Im still in first year Alevels, but if all goes to plan with maths AS im hoping to apply for ChemEng at Durham, I do Physics, Chemistry and Maths atm. Dunno predicteds yet, but im hoping A*AA, or perhaps A*A*A.

Also.... Could anybody give me a quick overview on the unis application process... So far ive looked into Oxfords since its so damn extensive, but does Durham have interviews and such?

:smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest