The Student Room Group

2017 Consulting summer internships/Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by midnight999
I applied to it on the 3rd of October and have still not heard anything. It is also really annoying when I try to call them. They have a name only policy and when I find names of people who work in Graduate Recruitment and ask to speak to them after a few minutes of trying to connect, it always cuts off

When did you submit your application?

1st of October, I emailed them today so hopefully they come back with any sort of update
Invitation to McKinsey PST (and so have friends)
Reply 182
Just spotted this thread! I'm applying for consulting summer programs for 2017.
I'm currently studying a DPhil (PhD) in Medical Sciences at the University of Oxford. I also work for a startup and have done some pro bono consulting in the past. Interested in BCG, McKinsey be Bain internships. Has anyone else applied yet and received an offer/interview?
Reply 183
Original post by london20
Invitation to McKinsey PST (and so have friends)

Congratulations! I just the Mckinsey invite too, plus a bain rejection
Original post by D.dar
Congratulations! I just the Mckinsey invite too, plus a bain rejection

It is interesting that people have already received a McKinsey invite. I submitted my application on 16th September, got an email on 28th September saying "We will let you know the outcome of your application on November 10 2016"
Original post by midnight999
It is interesting that people have already received a McKinsey invite. I submitted my application on 16th September, got an email on 28th September saying "We will let you know the outcome of your application on November 10 2016"

That's what they sent to me too but the dates for the PST are all next week
Original post by Acqua
I haven't heard back either, when did you apply?

I haven't heard back either at all from BCG for their London office. Has anyone heard anything further? I was thinking about contacting their graduate recruitment but I'm hoping that a few more days will shed some light on the whole situation.
I've got a PST McKinsey invite for next Tuesday as well
How are you guys preparing for McKinsey PST? I've got mine next Thursday
Original post by Naomi12
I've got a PST McKinsey invite for next Tuesday as well

Have you received your's today or yesterday? I'm wondering if McKinsey is sending it out in batches or if they sent out all invitations yesterday and rejections will get out tomorrow.
Original post by Taddeus
Have you received your's today or yesterday? I'm wondering if McKinsey is sending it out in batches or if they sent out all invitations yesterday and rejections will get out tomorrow.

I'm wondering this too since I haven't heard back from McKinsey yet

I'm guessing you also haven't heard back from them?
Is EY considered good for consulting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taddeus

I got mine yesterday evening. It might be university specific though - I go to Oxford and I know my other Oxford friends all got it at the same time for next Tuesday. If your uni is later next week, maybe you get the email a week before?
Reply 193
Original post by Naomi12
I got mine yesterday evening. It might be university specific though - I go to Oxford and I know my other Oxford friends all got it at the same time for next Tuesday. If your uni is later next week, maybe you get the email a week before?

My PST is next Thursday and I received the invite last night.
Original post by Naomi12

Alright, thanks. Good luck with your PST! As I haven't heard from anyone that got something today, I think the probability is very high that McKinsey sent out all their invitations yesterday.
Original post by F4N
I heard back from Bain and Parthenon today.

Was it an invitation for an interview? I applied to Parthenon a while ago but haven't heard back since. In the email they sent after they received my application they said only successful candidates would be contacted :/
Reply 196
Original post by jessie0602
Was it an invitation for an interview? I applied to Parthenon a while ago but haven't heard back since. In the email they sent after they received my application they said only successful candidates would be contacted :/

It was. But of the people I know, only I have heard back.

On an unrelated note, got the BCG rejection.
Hi everyone, I just thought to update my status at the moment:

BCG, AT Kearney and Oliver Wyman: Rejected
Bain: Invited for 1st round
McKinsey: Invited for PST
OC&C, Roland Berger, L.E.K, Parthenon-EY and PwC Strategy&: Not heard back

Would appreciate it if others who have heard back from the firms I haven't heard from could let me know.

I read from a previous post that someone has heard back from Parthenon
To what extent do McKinsey only invite Oxbridge graduates for PST? Is it true they only invite them?
Original post by OneTimer
To what extent do McKinsey only invite Oxbridge graduates for PST? Is it true they only invite them?

I'm not from Oxbridge but received an invite for PST

Quick Reply

Latest