The Student Room Group

Asked for a reference but got this instead? Lol wtf

I used to work at a well known clothing chain and got a new job at the NHS. My new job requires me to have references and so when I requested one this is what I got:

"Further to your recent request, we will supply the following information:

Position held: Sales advisor
Dates employed: xx to xx

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx"

Will this be enough?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fuedgr
I used to work at a well known clothing chain and got a new job at the NHS. My new job requires me to have references and so when I requested one this is what I got:

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx"

Will this be enough?

A lot of companies don't write references, they just state the dates you worked so that is normal. It depends whether your new job requires character references or just ones like the above.
Yes that will be enough, if not just supply their contact details to NHS aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by milliemogs
A lot of companies don't write references, they just state the dates you worked so that is normal. It depends whether your new job requires character references or just ones like the above.

I agree
Original post by fuedgr

Yours faithfully,

xxxxx"

Will this be enough?

TBH, companies do this kind of thing all the time now, partly because any character reference they give might leave them open to litigation.

You are often better off asking someone you worked with for a reference if you want the personal touch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending