The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Is it worth taking a gap of a year for Imperial?

I Would like to apply for computer science (G400) For this year I have offers from glasgow and manchester universitiesI have done Diploma di stato (ITALIAN A-level) and taken 100/100,

I could not apply last year for Oxbrdige or Imperial as I was not sure if I would even be considered without providing my predicted grades as my school does not provide them.

I have already done IELTS this summer and got overall 7.5. What else is needed to get a serious chance at Oxbrdige or Imperial? I will get my reference from my two teachers (one of them teach maths, which recommended me to try for Cambridge)

I am also working in my class mates startup which also appeared many times in national tv and won many prices at regional and national levelI was also chosen from "federazione nazionale dei cavalieri del lavoro" which means national labor federation riders to be listed in one the best students of the year in Italy and maybe get a medal from President of Italy and a scholarship.To be considered in this federation I must have 9/10 in final semesters in last 6 years of school (average results of all subjects)

Also I was considering to go in Glasgow for this year (just to not waste a year) and if next year one of top universities take me, Imperial have no problem with this?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending