The Student Room Group

People who got A's in the AS AQA Biology (reformed / linear exam)

Firstly, WELL DONE :wink:
Secondly, How did you get A's???????????
-I started revising in January.
-I got A* in GCSE biology and I revised much less.
-I made notes on everything throughout the year and I understood all the topics.
-I did all the past papers from 2006-2015 (and memorised the mark scheme's answers) yet I still failed.
I'm starting to feel like Biology AS is impossible :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
I got an A but when I did a specimen paper as a mock I got a C.

I honestly can't say how I managed to get the grade I got. Did you struggle with anything in the exam in particular?
Reply 2
I would like to know too!! I got an A* at GCSE and thought the AS exam went well until I found I got a D :frown: Really worried about uni applications now as I want to study biochemistry :/
I didnt get an A, just 6 marks off.

But i only revised for 5 days in totaly, literally and before that i was consistently getting U and E throuhout the year and i didnt really care.
But yh i dont know how you didnt get good considering you revised for months, i guess it was just unlucky? I know loads of people who passionaetly love biology and got D/E/U and i hate biology due to teachers and stuff but i managed to get the grade they were hoping for, its jus unlucky i suppose

Original post by scarlett1975
Firstly, WELL DONE :wink:
Secondly, How did you get A's???????????
-I started revising in January.
-I got A* in GCSE biology and I revised much less.
-I made notes on everything throughout the year and I understood all the topics.
-I did all the past papers from 2006-2015 (and memorised the mark scheme's answers) yet I still failed.
I'm starting to feel like Biology AS is impossible :frown:

Original post by Iphysics
I would like to know too!! I got an A* at GCSE and thought the AS exam went well until I found I got a D :frown: Really worried about uni applications now as I want to study biochemistry :/

Quick Reply

Latest