The Student Room Group

Making Connections - English Literature A2 Coursework

Does anyone have suggestions on which texts to compare? I was debating whether to explore feminist texts or use it as a theme; although I'm unsure of which texts to use. Any ideas would be appreciated though!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Hey!

I'm also doing this module, but it's proving difficult to find non-literary material. I thought about comparing language in the Bible with leaflets of nearby Born-Again churches or religious speeches, but I think that this is quite obscure. Feminism is always a good one.

But I thought that we could only choose the one literary text with non-literary material, am I wrong?
Hey DeepInside, I've finally decided to focus on 1984 and compare it to a Malcolm X speech looking at the manipulation of language! You're correct, I was just brainstorming ideas for both literary and non-literary texts, as frankly I wasn't sure what I was doing at the time.

Have you decided what you're definitely doing yet?

Quick Reply

Latest