The Student Room Group

Does everyone know what A-levels they're gonna pick?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17
Then in that case I would say that French probably wouldn't be right for you. I like the trial idea, see if that works for Drama. But you should think of a back-up plan if you don't like either...

I'm thinking of psychology as a backup
Reply 21
Original post by Vyres
I'm doing pretty similar subjects to you :smile:

Computer Science (AQA)
History (AQA)
Business Studies (AQA)

Nice, im pretty worried that its going to be a lot of work. How are u feeling about them?
Reply 22
Original post by RS012
Nice, im pretty worried that its going to be a lot of work. How are u feeling about them?

Oh I know for a fact it's gonna be a lot of work (especially history), but I think I'm excited more then anything. Both the specs don't seem that bad. Our school gave us a lot of summer "homework" to do on whatever A-level subjects we picked (basically we were given a booklet and we'd have to do all the tasks involving what subjects we're doing for A-level). After doing 3 essays on Tudor times and the German Revolution 1918, I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy the content. Computer Science also seems to be good fun this year, always nice being given programming tasks to do over the summer... :biggrin:
Reply 23
Original post by Vyres
Oh I know for a fact it's gonna be a lot of work (especially history), but I think I'm excited more then anything. Both the specs don't seem that bad. Our school gave us a lot of summer "homework" to do on whatever A-level subjects we picked (basically we were given a booklet and we'd have to do all the tasks involving what subjects we're doing for A-level). After doing 3 essays on Tudor times and the German Revolution 1918, I'm pretty confident that I'll enjoy the content. Computer Science also seems to be good fun this year, always nice being given programming tasks to do over the summer... :biggrin:

Are you using VB.net for coding, im also doing aqa for all subjects :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by RS012
Are you using VB.net for coding, im also doing aqa for all subjects :smile:

Nope, we're doing Java :smile:
Original post by L0st45
Ah, I'm on Edexcel for biology, OCR B for chemistry, Edexcel (GRR!) for maths and AQA for psychology as well!

I'm sure you will be fine with maths!! Good luck with your results tomorrow!! :smile:
Original post by hattie graham
I didn't study drama in S4 yes. I don't know, I just really didn't enjoy it.

If I were you, I'd choose French. I might be biased because I studied languages at uni, but there are a lot more (reachable) opportunities.

To be honest, some of the topics studied at GCSE level are boring so that's probably the reason you didn't enjoy it. I'd just say stick it out and once you start studying literature (as you already enjoy English), film, politics etc, you'll find it a lot more interesting.
Reply 27
Original post by chloecrazy
I'm sure you will be fine with maths!! Good luck with your results tomorrow!! :smile:

Thank you, and you!
Further Maths Biology Chemistry
maybe Government and politics don't know if I should pick 4
Business Studies
Media Studies
Maths or Statistics (depending on results)
Applied Science or Physics (again, depending on results)
English Lit, history and psychology

Might drop psychology,if I don't get my c in maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest