The Student Room Group

'Friend' from University didn't invite me to her wedding...

Ok- as the title implies, I am really quite miffed about how a female 'friend', who I'd had some fond memories with at University, didn't invite me to her wedding and/or reception. I understand that weddings are often very tight for numbers, and it's all the Bride and Groom's decision at the end of the day. However, the thing that has upset me most about this, is how many of the people we were friends with on my course, were mostly all invited, and I wasn't. Fair enough, I know that we haven't seen each other for some time, but it's probably likely that I would've at least invited her to my reception, if I were to marry at some point in the future.

Has anyone else found themselves in a situation like this? Any advice on what to do? Or am just just overreacting? Feedback would be much appreciated.

No trolling please :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Ok- as the title implies, I am really quite miffed about how a female 'friend', who I'd had some fond memories with at University, didn't invite me to her wedding and/or reception. I understand that weddings are often very tight for numbers, and it's all the Bride and Groom's decision at the end of the day. However, the thing that has upset me most about this, is how many of the people we were friends with on my course, were mostly all invited, and I wasn't. Fair enough, I know that we haven't seen each other for some time, but it's probably likely that I would've at least invited her to my reception, if I were to marry at some point in the future.

Has anyone else found themselves in a situation like this? Any advice on what to do? Or am just just overreacting? Feedback would be much appreciated.

No trolling please :smile:

When you say some time, what do you mean. No one invited to my wedding apart from relatives is invited unless i have seen them in the past year. It can cost more than £50 each person to have you there, so if they are on a tight budget then if they've not seen you in months then i would kind of understand where they are coming from. Are the people that are invited people she's seen more recently?
Reply 2
How long have U not spoken to her for and have the friends she has invited to the wedding spoke to her more recently ? Did u do something that hurt her but h were unaware of it ? A comment?
When did you last have contact? If you haven't spoken to her for a while perhaps she feels that you have ignored her or have 'moved on'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending